17| Think Like A Dog

"You're out of your mind!?" and "You're drunk!? Like me!?", Those were the two types of reactions Jungkook received after suggesting the most irrelevant idea to ever exist

"What's wrong—No! Keep that flip flop down. You ain't my mama to beat me with flip flops!" He regarded the footwear as something only his mum could use. Respecting his sentimental attachments, I surrendered my weapon.

"Oh, everything is wrong with it. It's worse than having coconut haircut!" I pointed my fingers towards his hair that unusually suit him really well. "Give me some time and watch my beautiful brain effortlessly beat your useless one."

"Just for the record, asking you to do this job was my idea so the one with a useless brain here is this guy." He pointed at Taehyung, who was beside us a few moments ago but as for now, he was enjoying laying on the treadmill, trying different poses, while the machine threw his body back several times.

"Fuck!" Taehyung cursed loudly while getting off the treadmill and rushing towards us while pulling his hair out of frustration. "I forgot my child's birthday!"

Jungkook too was as confused as me at first but after some mental calculations, he experienced the same trauma. "Shoot! He must be feeling so bad! I too forgot his birthday." Jungkook gasped loudly. I nudged him to explain the situation to me too. "It's Tannie's birthday today and we forgot!"

"Oh, God! I gotta go and wish him. He must be so mad at me!" Taehyung cried out while making a run towards the glass door and wiping a lone tear in the process. I don't know if he's normally like this or it was all because of the alcohol that somehow didn't stop embracing his senses yet.

"Oh, oh, wait! I'll come with you too." Jungkook followed behind the drunk guy and was almost out, leaving me alone when I had enough of this shit.

"Yeah, your dog's birthday is more important than your bitch—daughter getting an idea of our façade? Great going guys!" I looked at them in disbelief as they grudgingly walked back and stared down at their feet.

"As it's Yeontan's birthday, why don't we do something good?" Taehyung asked and I hissed at his stubborn self. "What I mean is... what if you do something. You know, Taehee loves Yeontan the most so maybe doing something for him will change her thinking?"

"It isn't a bad idea, what do you say, Y/N?" Jungkook asked while looking at me. There was no contemplating or overthinking to it because it was the most appropriate suggestion I heard in a while.

"Yup, it's quite impressive of you, Taehyung's brain." I tiptoed to ruffle his hair and he gave me the worst look for petting him. "The only issue is... what will I do? Like I'm kinda good for nothing..." I murmured the degrading part to myself.

"Think of the things you'll like your owner to do for you on your birthday if you were a dog," Jungkook suggested before drifting to deep thoughts that a dog may have too. "Think like a dog..."