12| Hello Puppy

Once I was sucked out of my hyperventilating state to a new and even more unbearable atmosphere, I chose to avoid eye contact with the half naked guy from earlier

Once I was sucked out of my hyperventilating state to a new and even more unbearable atmosphere, I chose to avoid eye contact with the half naked guy from earlier. Too much personal information for a day. I said to myself as I bobbed my head in denial. I looked up to catch him looking at me with the same uncertainty and awkwardness.

"You—" We spoke in unison and looked away while abusing our poor lower lips. He could have saved himself from some embarrassment if his undies didn't have freaking lion print.

"I'll allow myself to speak first as—." He said in a royal way which didn't seem to satisfy me enough to give him the opportunity to express his thoughts.

"Yeah, because you're Queen Elizabeth's 69th son?" I quickly fired back and he was left speechless halfway through his sentence.

He gathered his calm composure again and proceeded with his sentence. "In my defense, I don't wear such things daily— I don't have to justify myself. What the heck is going on!?" He miserably grabbed his hair and sprawled on the bed only to retreat instantly. "And by the way, it's humanely impossible for someone to have so many children." 

"It could've been avoided if you used an appropriate place to strip or locked the door, to the least. Just so you know, you don't have a really nice image of yourself in my brain with all those bedtime stories and that... ugh!" I winced when my brain recalled the scene with him in those hideous underwear. 

"Oh, my god, but I don't seem to give two shits about it!" He frantically yelled and stood up to tower me from a distance of at least 10 feet. "You better learn how to knock before walking inside a man's room."

I stood up as well to rap out words. "Man? Oh, sorry, I thought you were a five year old who reads bedtime stories and wear lion undies." He was taken aback by the sudden insult and I too was surprised with the way I didn't stutter and also, didn't think twice before speaking.

"Oh, I'll really suggest you to shut that bedtime story shit down and also forget about today's incident." His hand flew to push back his bangs and reveal a tender little red bruise. "It aches." He spoke out in a low tone.

I hesitantly took steps forward to reduce 10 feet to barely 1 foot and examine the bruise. It was nothing too serious but my eyes filled with regret when I realized it was because of me. "I-I'll get a band aid." I stuttered when I caught him staring back. 

Maybe it was the proximity that suddenly turned the surroundings heavier. "I'll d-do it on my own." His words too fluttered at the skin contact but those eyes never left mine. 

"Aw, why? Little lion doesn't want mama to put Pokémon band aid on his owie?" I quickly said to intentionally spoil it before it could become a moment

He rolled his eyes before grabbing my wrist and bringing my slow strokes to a halt. "Yeah, exactly, mama." He harshly let go of my wrist and turned on his balls to go to no where in particular but just run away.