16| Caught In A Lie

"Taehee—stop

"Taehee—stop. Don't speak!" I frantically asked the girl to shut up before I could meet the same fate as her real mother. Though, the cause of death would be a heart attack.

"Hey, some lady, please stop shaking. You're scaring me... It's as if you touched an electric wire with wet, bare hands." She held my hands in her small ones with a disgusted look while trying to stop my little seizure.

"Look, Taehee, I'm not s-some l-lady, I'm your e-eomma. Got it?" I miserably failed in weaving a lie without stuttering and the kid was too determined to not believe me. Not going great, Y/N.

"You think I don't know anything because according to you, I'm a small chicken-sized kid." As soon as she pronounced the adjective I dedicated to her unknowingly days ago, she broke into sobs.

"Is it all because of it?" I asked with 'you gotta be kidding me' written across my face. "Hey, you aren't small chicken-sized. You're a giant giraffe, happy?" I rolled my eyes when she cried harder at the unusual and sarcastic praise.

"I think I need some alone time, lady." She glanced at me with a stoic expression while I cringed at the way she acknowledged me.

I felt better when I escaped the environment she created. No matter how stupid I was as a kid, my mum would still feel privileged to have me if she met Kim Taehee.

I quickly ran to my room before she could change her mind and desire for my company again. On opening the door, I saw the same man lying on the same spot where I left him. The difference was, he was asleep now.

I walked over to him with a sigh and budged him with my foot. "Get your ass off the floor if you don't want to have backaches tomorrow." I shoved my hands in my pockets and when he didn't move, I budged him harder.

He stirred through his sound sleep and tucked at my foot. The world around me turned upside as I was thrown to the floor and landed right upon Taehyung in a weird stance.

My knees hit against his chest in a painfully hard motion which made the guy wake from his deepest sleep. "What the fuck!?" He groaned pressing his hand against the affected area. He was lucky to not have fractured ribs after the incident.

"That was my foot, dumbass, not a fucking doorknob. Why did you pull it!?" I questioned while helping myself off him and kicking his hand away when he asked for help.

"Why can't you act human-like for once?" Taehee surely got her habit of giving disgusted look from her dad as he had the same habit.

I decided to not reply to that because according to me, I was quite human-like every time. I gave in to the darkness and slept instead.

The next morning...

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock at my usual timings. Joining Jungkook at the gym was a part of my morning chores and I preferred to stick to the routine.