45| Fake Smiles

Let Me Know | BTSYou took away my stars at night, my sun at day, leaving me with the darkness of a single cold cloud

Let Me Know | BTS
You took away my stars at night, my sun at day, leaving me with the darkness of a single cold cloud

••••

A/N:- Hey there, just a quick interruption.
If you wanna hate on Minhee and let it out in the comments, you might as well not comment at all. I literally try to be the sweetest person when replying to y'all but the hate she receives just breaks my heart. Instead, try to empathize with her. Thanks!

••••

"Why...?" My eyes brimmed with the emotions I couldn't convey through words. I wished to continue my sentence and add more harsh questions but her health conditions held me back.

"Are you crying— what the hell? Oi, ninny!" She tried to pull my hands away and reveal my flushed face. "If you're crying already then you might rip your hair out by the end of this story..."

"You're such a... bitch. Don't call me ninny." The curse word made her laugh and wink at my sight. "Could this be any more sad? Like, what can hurt me more than knowing that my wife aborted my baby without my knowledge...?" I didn't intend to sound mean but I wasn't sure of what my broken heart did to my tone. 

"Chill, Tae." Minhee pat my shoulder lightly and laughed similar to the way she would as a kid after defeating me in some game. I wished I could confront her again for her fake and empty laughter but it made sense when she revealed the plot twist. "It wasn't even your baby."

The only stationary thought in my clustered mind was 'She cheated on me? She cheated on me...' I couldn't look in her eyes and think about forgiving her. "Does this look like a big joke to you?" I sensed a storm brewing in the pit of my stomach, it was a sickening feeling. I wanted to stay strong but I thought I would soon throw up in some corner. 

"It doesn't but I do wish it was." A cold expression laced her voice. It was no longer funny to her, in fact, it never was funny in the first place. "Do you ever sit alone and think over your past. That period where you got Sora pregnant and then still proposed to me?" 

"I already apologized for it, what else do you want me to do?" I sharply hissed at her words and stood up abruptly. I wanted to run away, again.

She rolled her eyes curtly and scoffed. "Your sexual ways of apologizing can't make anything right." I purposely avoided eye contact when she acknowledged my apology. "You couldn't do anything about it so I found out a way myself. I did what I thought was correct." I wished she could read my mind and stop speaking but even if she saw the signs, she was determined to ignore them.

"And seeing someone else was correct to you?" No matter how hard I tried to look in her eyes and believe the truth, I always failed. With my head held low in despair, I settled down on the edge of her bed. "Who was it...?"