35| Sora The Explorer

His hand landed right on my cheek and brought along a fresh red mark

His hand landed right on my cheek and brought along a fresh red mark. I would be lying if I say I didn't kind of see it coming but it obviously wasn't a right decision.

The stress from the mess I created in the attempts of correcting Taehyung again was probably affecting my brain in a way that caused mismatched emotions to pour out. As a result of which, I laughed when he tried to touch my cheek and apologize. "Jungkook-ah, I'm so sor—"

"I bet you won't like to see Newton's third law getting proved wrong 'cause you very well know my reaction certainly won't be equal to your action." I cracked my knuckles bones in his face to prove a point. "I ain't going to the gym for tea parties."

He felt bad for hurting me but like the same poles of two magnets, he kept trying to repel me. "Look, Jungkook, I'm extremely sorry... I didn't mean to..."

"Sorry? Do You really think that your meaningless 'sorry's can heal the wounds you yourself carved?" Despite all his tries, I kept maintaining the same distance between us. He can't always be running away from his reality, having a dose of petty excuses for the way. "Do you even know how broken she was after knowing about Sora?"

"Who would know that better than me?" He stopped in his tracks and looked at the space between his feet. "Why are you bringing this up? You are... hurting me!" He choked on a sob when he tried to raise his voice.

I was hurting myself too while bringing it up.

5 months before Minhee's death...

Minhee's PoV

The hues of Autumn described the beauty of things right before they lose their charms and lie lifeless. Was I too sadistic for loving the fall fondly, the season that taught letting the dead go so easily?

I never let these thoughts stop me from watching the nature bursts with its full beauty from my bedroom window. It was always the same but yet so unpredictable every time.

Unpredictable and unexpected, just like her visit that day. The moment my eyes met her beautifully sculpted face, I felt jealous but what overpowered this emotion was confusion. I stirred the fluids of memory and finally it made sense as to why she felt familiar and well, made me jealous.

Taehyung had so many friends back in uni days but he was specially fond of her. Now I barely even remember the name and I was sure she wouldn't recognize me either as I never really tried to talk to her and know the reason why he liked her.

After all these years, I finally stood face to face with her. Why did I feel insecure when I knew he was mine now? "Seo Minhee?" Unexpected, as I said before. Somehow she knew me but I didn't know if it was right to feel proud about it.