15| Let's Talk

Later that night

Later that night...

Jungkook's warm words of appreciation made me feel nervous rather than confident. Just like my parents, he had too many expectations from me and I didn't want to let him down too.

I didn't know if Taehyung was easy to talk to or not because in past days we had just pulled each other's leg which at times blew up into a full-fledged fight but the conversation I was planning was quite the opposite.

I repeatedly practised the lines I would use to lure him out with in my head just to avoid flaws and increase the possibilities of success. It was minutes past Taehyung's usual coming-back-home time. I don't know if he was really late or I was too overwhelmed because every second felt longer than last.

It would've been better if I could just quietly sleep and not give a care in the world like I did until yesterday. I thought to myself and grimaced at the idea of being an angel and discussing his growing alcoholism with Jungkook. I can still turn back-

Like a movie scene, the gate swung open at the exact thought and he confusedly stared at me for a second but then proceeded with his night chores. He seemed as temperamental as always but I followed him quietly. He glared at me from over his shoulder and my steps halted under his strong glares. When I didn't reply to his non verbal question, he continued his walk to his walk-in closet.

He ignored my eyes that innocently looked at him and then shied away when we made an eye contact. He closed the door behind him and striped out of his formal attire while I waited for him outside. "You want to say something?" His voice made me flinch and I could almost feel his gaze through the door that separated us.

"I can wait for you to come out." I silently hoped for him to take longer as I leaned against the door with hands folded over my chest and eyes looking somewhere in distance. "I do want to talk to you."

"About what?" He said while abruptly opening the door and I would have had a fractured backbone if it wasn't for him holding me tightly. "You're drunk?" I almost snorted out loudly at his question.

"Drunk is a common adjective? I thought you privately owned the term nowadays." He was completely clueless when I started speaking. "Taehyung, it's about your health... You can't continue with this lifestyle... You can't be alcoholic forever because it's not good for your health."

"Oh, you're talking about that? I was so confused there. Whatever, I get you but..." He jumped on the bed and kept bouncing on it like a little kid. "Why the fuck do you even care?" Suddenly the bubbly guy escaped from inside him and he stopped to stare at me coldly.

You're on your periods, aren't you, Taehyung?

"Because I have all the rights and I am your paid wife?" I guessed the answer but the look on his face said he gives me a zero for that thought process.