Katsuki×Reader: missed calls

I have many Bakugou oneshots but this is self indulgent, reeeeeeally self indulgent.
Plus, Bakugou is sometimes stubborn and I just read this thread and I-
Anyways, °•'~☆it's angsty hours☆~'•°

Katsuki×Reader:  Y/n and Katsuki part ways after graduating from UA, not hearing from one another in a long time. Dreams fill both of their minds at night rethinking of what was once left behind. Feelings and plenty of missed calls sent straight to voicemail.

________________

  Several sleepless nights have been bothering Y/n. Waking up from their dream and staring into the ceiling until the sun rolled in through the curtains, hitting their face softly.

  With a sigh they sit on their bed and check the time on their nightstand, 2:45am it reads.

  "God dammit, not again." A soft whine erupts from their throat as their hands find their way into their hair. "This dreams are making me lose my damn mind and much needed hours of sleep." With a soft sigh they make their way out of the room in complete darkness, already knowing the path by memory and finally retreating the object they were looking for. Pressing one button and the room erupts in soft lights coming from the phone's screen, groaning they squint their eyes as they rummage through the contacts, one finger ghosting over the name that has been trying to make its way back into their mind.

  Finally giving in the phone clicks and the ringing starts, pressing one ear softly to listen closely for any sounds on the other side of the line.

  A few rings later and it sent them straight into his voicemail.
"Hey, this is Bakugou Katsuki, I couldn't answer the phone so leave your name and a message, I'll try to call you back later if I can."

  And then the beep alerting them to start speaking.

  'I- did not think this through. Why am I calling him? What am I supposed to say? Look at the time! He's probably sleeping and I'm intruding in his personal space. I'm so dumb, stupid, baka! I should hang u-'

  "Hey. . ." Before knowing what hit them they were already voicing some of their thoughts out in the phone, talking to no one in particular. "I guess I don't have a reason to call you at this time," A pitiful chuckle. "I'm sorry. . . You don't have to reply to this I just-  had to talk, guess it was a mistake calling after all."

  Before actually hanging up they started speaking in a fast pace. "I had a dream. . . . It was about us and how we used to sneak around at night when we went to UA. Do you remember when we would stay up 'til late in one of our rooms just to spend more time with each other? The things we did as teenagers in love eh. . . ." Memories flooded their mind with the moments they considered the best times with Katsuki.

  "My dream started with you and me walking with each other through campus, it was late and there seemed to be no one around to witness, just the two of us. I would look at you several times but it was as. . . as if you couldn't notice me, I would call your name but nothing happened, you just kept looking at the road ahead of you, like- there was nothing else around you but yourself. And- and when I tried reaching out to touch you- you were gone and I was all alone in complete darkness, nothing surrounding me but emptiness. I screamed and no sound came out, the silence around me so deafening it echoed in the empty space. I was useless, I felt useless. I couldn't find nor see you, I wanted you there, I- I needed you there with me somehow."

  'Even if I was a coward and never brave enough to say it out loud. . . How much it hurt letting you go.'

Their brows furrow in thought and they let out a shaky breath.