Just a Fictional Character

Riku sits in his desk at school, staring out the window, his hand proping up his head while he daydreams.

I forgot the schoolyard has a pretty big tree. I wonder...what if Sora found a tree like that...but it was magic or I don't know...I could write that in though...

His teacher lectures on until there's a loud knock on the door.

Whatever it's probably nothing...ooh, I should write a reader insert story about someone ending up in Sora's world...

A few students look over at the door, but most continue to whisper to their friends.

The teacher stops his lecture and walks over to the door. He slowly opens the door. "Hey, kids!"

Nothing.

"Hey!"

Nothing.

"Guys!"

Nothing, until Xion pipes up, "Hey, guys! Let's pay attention!"

Many roll their eyes, but enough pay attention to satisfy the teacher.

However, Xion's loud request forcefully yanks Riku out of his daydream.

W-what? What are we doing?

"We have a new student joining this class."

Riku shifts his head to the door out of curiosity.

New student?

"Hey, you can come on in now," the teacher says sweetly. "I hope we didn't frighten you with all the yelling."

"Nah, it's fine!" the boy behind the doorway answers.

Wait...that voice...Is that...

The boy walks into the classroom, and turns to face the class. A huge smile lies across his face as he puts both hands behind his head.

Holy crap...it is...but...

Riku looks around the room, his eyes resting on the vacant desk beside him.

Oh...

He looks back up at the boy as his face reddens.

~

Riku sits at the dinner table, staring at his plate of food in silence.

I'll probably just do my homework after dinner. I haven't worked on it at all today.

"Riku. Baby. Are you paying attention?"

Riku slowly looks up from his plate. "What? Yeah, mom?"

"So...do you have a crush on anyone?" his mom winks.

"What?" A light blush runs along Riku's face as he laughs the question off, his hand on the back of his head, "No, mom I don't have a crush on anyone."

"Well, that's fine, sweetie. Maybe...you just haven't found the right girl or guy for you yet, but...you will," his mom smiles.

I don't know...I don't think I'll ever find someone as perfect as-

"I doubt it," a voice pipes up. "He'll never get a boyfriend or girlfriend! He's too anti-social!"

It's not because I'm anti-social.

"Quiet, Kitchi," Riku hisses. "It's not like I'm anti-social on purpose."

"Oh reeeaaaally?" Kitchi taunts. "I've seen you. Your only friend is Axel. Most of the time you just write or play those stupid games."