Late Night Thoughts

Sora lies under the covers in bed. He watches a blade from the ceiling fan go round and round as he sighs into the darkness.

Why can't I just fall asleep? I can't stop thinking of things...

Eventually, he faces the person in bed beside him and taps his back. "Riku?"

"Sora...go to bed," Riku mutters from under the covers.

"Riku...I...I can't go to sleep. Are you awake?"

Riku sighs, then turns over to face Sora. "No, why?"

Sora faces the ceiling once again. "I've just been having these...weird thoughts lately."

"Like what?"

"Well," Sora begins, "if a guinea pig and normal pig had a baby...would it be called a piggy or guinea pig?" Sora turns his head to look at Riku.

"Well, Sora..." Riku begins to smirk. "If you and I could have a baby, do you think it would get my beauty and your late night thoughts, or your sexy body and my late night murder thoughts?"

Sora begins to blush hard, "Umm...Riku..."

I don't know how to feel about this. I didn't expect him to say that.

Riku laughs, "I'm kidding, sweetheart. I would never hurt you instead of protecting you. Just go to sleep."

Sora blushes harder. "Okay."

Riku wraps his arms around Sora and kisses his forehead, causing Sora to giggle.

Maybe we should have gone to bed like this in the first place.

"I love you, Riku," Sora whispers to the air as he smiles. His mind calms down within Riku's embrace, and the stillness of the room, accompanied with the blankness of his mind, and the safety he feels in Riku's arms eventually lulls him off to sleep.

♡♡♡♡♡♡

A/N: Yeah, this one was pretty short, but I do enjoy the sweetness of it. I consider this oneshot a sweet win.