Tout Oublier/To Forget Everything

W...what is going on? Where...where am I?

A boy slowly opens his eyes, letting them adjust to the light before he eventually sets his gaze on the wide expanse of the blue sky. "Beautiful," he mutters in awe. He feels the soft yet gritty ground of the sandy beach below him as he breathes in the salty sent of the air, but as he takes in his surroundings the best he can from his view of the sky and his sense of touch and smell, a single question runs through his mind.

Who...am I?

Eventually he sits up, only to be faced with a sign in his face and the endless sea beyond. "...Riku..." he reads the sign aloud. "Riku...that...that must be my name." Then, he looks down at his clothes. "White..."

For some reason, this doesn't feel right...wearing a plain white t-shirt and beige pants...but...whatever.

Riku decides to stand up and take in his surroundings further, and ahead he finds the ocean, under his feet a sandy beach, behind him a treehouse, shack, and small forest, and in the air, a salty breeze. Once he looks beside him, however, he finds himself gazing into the soft, gentle face of another boy. There is no question in his mind. This boy is no threat to him. He continues to study the boy from his spiky light brown hair, down to his bare feet.

He's wearing the same clothes I am.

Eventually, Riku settles his gaze back on the boy's face.

I wonder...what are his eyes like?

The boy's eyes open just as slowly as Riku's did before, but eventually they stare up into Riku's own turquoise eyes.

Wow...they're blue...blue as the vast expanse of sky and...just as beautiful.

"Who...are you?" the boy asks.

"Riku...I think..."

"Riku..." the boy repeats. "Great!" he smiles as he exclaims, "Now I'll never forget you!"

A big smile forms on Riku's face subconsciously as the boy's fades into a small frown.

"Riku..." he begins, "who am I? I know I just met you, but...do you know my name?"

"Try sitting up."

"Okay..." the boy smiles nervously as he starts to sit up.

Riku points at the sign sitting in front of the boy.

"Sora," the boy smiles. Then, he looks up into Riku's eyes. "Sora! That must be my name, right?"

The way your eyes sparkle when you say it...it must be your name.

"I believe it is. Sora."

Sora nods, a big smile still on his face, then he pushes himself into a standing position. "A beach, huh?" he takes a couple steps into the ocean.

"Sora. What're you doing?"

"Oh...nothing." Then, Sora's sweet smile turns into a sly grin. "Just this!" He splashes some water high up into Riku's face.

Riku wipes some of the water off his face with his right hand before breaking out into laughter. "That all you got?" he laughs, then runs into the water to begin splashing Sora.

"Not even close!" Sora laughs as the two go into a heated splash war.

At one point, Sora manages to splash a large amount of water on Riku, soaking his clothes, yet, Riku doesn't back down.

"Come on, Sora. I thought you were stronger than that," Riku teases and laughs.

"Get real. Look which one of us is winning," Sora laughs back, a determined expression on his face.