Data Date

A/N: The above art is done by KittenUmbra. This is a data Soriku oneshot for their birthday. Happy early birthday, Xion!

"Sora should've been here by now…" a boy with silver hair mumbles, wearing his usual black cloak. He had already set up the blanket and the basket of food in the clearing. "Where is-?"

The silver-haired boy doesn't even make a sound as wind rushes around him, and his body falls, his eyes wide. Or does he fall?

There's an arm supporting the silver-haired boy's back, keeping him suspended over the ground. The person whom the arm belongs to has surprised him with a dip, and, of course, is as precious and dramatic as ever.

And late.

"Surprised, Riku?" the boy, a brunet, asks, staring straight into Riku's eyes, smiling that smile of his.

Riku's cheeks can't help but redden, and he can't get rid of the dumb look he surely has on his face at the moment.

Riku answers the brunet once he pulls him back to his feet. "Of course not, Sora."

"Are you sure?" Sora teases, "Your face seems to tell me a different story. So red."

Riku, whose cheeks flush harder, taps Sora's nose with the tip of his finger and tries to seem annoyed. "And you're so late."

"Definitely not my fault," Sora laughs, putting his hands on his hips. "Only you knew about this place, and those directions you gave me sucked. Took me forever to get here."

Riku plops himself down on the picnic blanket and rests his chin on his hand. "Well then next time, you can plan the whole date. Don't expect me to be on time, though." He crosses his arms, turning away from Sora.

Of course, Riku's face--all red--continues to give him away, and Sora smiles his trademark smile again. "Okay, well maybe I will! It'll be the best date ever!" Sora explains, "There'll have balloons with your face on em and yard games and a cake with my butt on it and-"

Riku can't keep up his annoyed act anymore, and he breaks out into laughter. "Why...your butt? Sora, why? Yard games?"

Sora shrugs, laughing, "I dunno… I just...random brain thoughts!"

Once Riku finally stops laughing, he looks right up into Sora's face, smiling softly. "God, I love you... You're so beautiful…" he says in complete awe.

"I think it's time to retire that old 'I'm totally a jerk' act," Sora laughs as he plops down on the blanket beside Riku. "You're too much of a dork to fool me like that, especially when you out yourself by saying things like that."

"You're...the dorky one…" Riku's tries to hide his face in his hands.

"Good thing I love you too." He leans his head onto Riku's shoulder, causing Riku to drop his hands, revealing his smile.

After a moment, Riku reaches for the picnic basket. "Hungry?"

Sora scoffs, "Of course! When am I not?"

"Here." Riku passes him a sandwich out of the box.

Sora takes a bite out of the sandwich. "Riku, really? Peanut butter and jelly? You have all this control over our world and you make peanut butter and jelly?"

"But, Sora," Riku teases, "I thought you liked peanut butter and jelly."

Sora raises an eyebrow.

"Fine, fine," Riku laughs. "I'll stop the act. But seriously though, I thought you loved it."

"Well, yeah, but…" Sora takes another bite of the sandwich. "You can do whatever you want! You could make a...a...a pizza sandwich! Or...or a...ham, pineapple, and cheese sandwich on...gingerbread!"