Under the Stars

"It's not often we get to relax like this...being heroes and all that." A small smile forms on Riku's face.

"Yeah." Sora smiles up at the night sky.

Sora and Riku just finished their mission in the world they're in. Normally, they would just return back to The Mysterious Tower to receive their next mission from Yen Sid which would surely be solo missions for them both (they only did a joint mission this time because it was a bigger one), but it being nighttime, they decided instead to relax, fall asleep, and go back the next day. They climbed the tallest hill in the world they're in and lied down on the grass together, staring at the sky.

"I actually can't believe the mission is over...It felt like we'd be working on it forever."

"Really? I didn't mind it so much," Sora says.

"You didn't?"

"Nope."

Riku doesn't ask why. He just stares at the sky in silence.

It's not long though before Sora turns his head towards Riku. "I bet you're wondering why," he teases, laughing.

"Yeah..." Riku smiles, embarrassed as he turns his head to look at Sora. "Why?"

"Well..." Sora turns his head back towards the sky, a light blush forming on his face. "It's because...you were there with me, Riku. The whole time."

Riku's face reddens. "Then...I guess I don't mind so much either." He sets his gaze back up at the sky. "After all...I get to spend the rest of tonight with you," he smiles.

"Yeah..." Sora closes his eyes, taking in how the grass feels when he runs his fingers through it, and the breeze blowing across his face and through his hair. He's never felt so calm as he does in this moment, taking in the earth, lying down beside Riku.

After a while of Riku staring up at the sky and Sora taking in their surroundings, eyes closed, Sora breaks the silence with a laugh and opens his eyes, turning to Riku, "Riku, guess what I just noticed?"

"Hmm?" Riku continues to stare at the sky.

"Did you know," he begins to laugh harder, "that Master Yen Sid's name spelled backwards is Dis-"

"Huh? What, Sora?" Riku interrupts, turning to him. "You...you were talking about how Master Yen Sid's name spelled backwards is Dis-"

"Yeah! It's funny, right?" Sora interrupts with a laugh.

"Yeah," Riku chuckles, his smile growing. He's so adorable...

"Hey, Riku? How do you think the others are doing?"

"I bet..." Riku looks back up at the sky. "They're doing just fine."

"Okay." Sora moves closer to Riku and closes his eyes again.

Once realizing that Sora has moved closer to him, Riku moves his hand to hold Sora's and moves a little closer to Sora. He continues to stare up at the beauty of the night sky, mesmerized by all the twinkling stars, the midnight blue color of the sky, and the swirling clouds. It's not until he looks over at Sora though that he answers, "Breathtaking..."

"What is?"

"The sky," he sighs, smiling.

"Oh..." Sora opens his eyes. "Personally..." He looks at Riku. "I enjoy the land. So many beautiful things like the trees and flowers come from it. It's just really nice." Riku's really nice too. He looks up at the sky, staring at it with a big smile on is face, then, after a minute or so, looks at Riku and begins, "Hey, Riku?"