CHAPTER 12: SHATTERED

️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Ash's POV.

I was looking out through the window of my bedroom as I popped open the can of the drink and got lost in the what dawn told me moments ago.

Flashback

"So ash you know for the last couple of days I was thinking about us."
Dawn nervously said while fidgeting with her fingers.

"What about us?"
"I mean how we used to be before you know all things which happened."
"Ohh don't remind me about that." I replied irritated thinking about it.

"Please ash wait." Dawn said grabbing my wrist.
"I know what I did to you was wrong and I don't understand how could I be so selfish but... At first I thought the way I ended up things with you was wrong but then I understood that it was not the way but me who was wrong." Dawn said on the verge of breaking down.

"Please ash... Please forgive me." She said stammering.
"D-Dawn I have forgiven you a long time ago."
"NOT like that not like that!!"
"You say that you forgave me but you never forgot about it, never try to mend things, you never asked why I did it.!!!!" She said pushing me slightly.

"Why does it matter, I knew why you broke up with me. So if this is what you wanted to talk then I'm done here dawn, I told you that you can be with that bastard! If you liked him so much!!!" This time I snapped at her.

"Huh I liked him" she softly chuckled,

"I liked him for being with me when you were busy chasing after that stupid trophy, I liked him for spending time with me, I liked him for caring about me, I liked him for loving me.. but do you know what I only liked him never did I loved him like.... Like" dawn gulped down the lump formed in her throat.

"I loved you." She finished her sentence looking down with tear finally escaping her blue orbs.

"G-gary told m-me that.." I stammered listening to her. I felt so betrayed so angry and guilty too.
'How could he do that, he was my best friend' I thought.

"I always did." She replied with a soft chuckle and a faint smile while her pretty eyes were puffed red due to crying.

"D-Dawn.." I tried to say something but my whole body was frozen after hearing her.

"Sushh!!!!"
"You don't have to ash I'm not asking you to love me again, I'm just asking you to forgive me, truly this time." With that she placed a soft kiss on my cheek and then rushed away keeping me standing there speechless.

Flashback end.

I took a deep swig of my drink and then noticing that the contains of the can have finished.
I got up from my seat and threw the can on the window in front of me causing it to shatter into many pieces.

"That bastard!!!! I want to break his stupid face." I yelled
"Pikapi...." Pikachu softly murmured.

"I don't know buddy at what I'm angry, the fact that he lied to me about dawn or the fact that he is now trying his luck on serena." I asked myself or my long time buddy.

I gazed at moon Which was shining bright in the sky. Deep down I knew that what I hold for serena is much much more than what I had for dawn or any other girl for that matter of fact. But I feel so guilty for leaving dawn like that, never going to her and ask her about it. And the worst I trusted that Gary over her.

I sighed while running my hands through my hair. " I need to talk to serena." I said while getting up and pulling a t-shirt on.

"Pi!!" Pikachu replied confused by my sudden leaving.