CHAPTER 15: Fight or Flight

◾◾◾◾◾◾⚜◾◾◾◾◾◾

After his battle against calem, gary was returning through the dark corridors of the stadium, feeling confident after beating a champion at this stage of league, was it luck or his wits finally returning he had no idea. But it felt
Great, flushing all that mess out of his head.
As he walked further into the corridor he saw a figure approaching towards him, but Not until the person was few meters away gary recognized him as his used-to-be bestfriend, ash.
His head was hung low as he walked past Gary not even sparing a glance.

Gary felt an ambivalence about to even ask him that if he was okay because of their fight (more of ash beating him.) Yesterday.
Gary turned around and watched as he marched through the tunnel mumbling something weird.
"He is really sick."Gary stated.

*******■■■🔸️■■■********

"He is really sick." Gary stated as he sat down with his group of friends.

"And why do you think that." Misty asked annoyed with both ash and gary.

"Because he was mumbling something weird stuff which didn't seemed to me as normal...." Gary said with a sigh while shaking his head.

Serena who was sitting beside him tensed as she watched her raven haired boyfriend standing on the field looking like a completley different person, his usual enthusiasm was missing and he seemed like he was in some sort of shell.

"He looks more calm and collected than before so in my point of view he is more than fine." Misty declared waving him off.

"And which is very much unlike ash"
Serena turned around to see a woman in her 20's or 30's spoke as she descended the staircase. She had long beautiful blond hair which covered half of her porcelain like face and She wore an all black outfit with a dark coat complementing it.

"Cynthia!!" Dawn exclaimed as she got up from her seat besides serena and hugged the woman.
'Cynthia. So this is the sinnoh champion who everyone used to talk about.' Serena though as she observed the two sinnoh natives interacting with each other.

"So everything's good with you." Cynthia asked dawn as both of them took their seats.

For a moment Dawn's face dropped at the question but she quickly put on a smile. " yeah everything's great. What about you.?" Dawn asked in a sweet voice.

"Steven is kinda tough to handle but everything is working smoothly." Cynthia said. "So did you sort things out with ash or...."
Before Cynthia could finish her sentence dawn quickly added
" yeah we did sort that out but you see...." she tried to convey the remaining message through eyes as she raised her eyebrows and gave a fake smile.

"Here did you meet serena!!" Dawn introduced pointing her hand at serena.

"She is hard to miss." Cynthia replied glancing at the honey blonde girl sitting next to dawn and greeted her in a monotonous voice "I'm cynthia ash's ex-coach." As she extended her hand.

"I'm serena from...." but before serena could say any further Cynthia interrupted her.
"I know who you are. You have been on the news for the past whole day." Cynthia said with a smirk.

" heard they are deciding to dethrone you sweetie." Cynthia continued narrowing her eyes.

"Its not her fault she hasn't done anything. And think before you start accusing anyone. You barely know her." Gary interjected in a serious tone.

Cynthia raised her left eyebrow and gave gary a 'see whom you are talking to look.' "This interests me." Cynthia replied looking between gary and serena.