CHAPTER 19: AMBIVALENT FEELINGS.

◾◾⚜◾

Serena

She could still feel the phantom pain in her ribs when she woke up. It took a few breaths before she was lucid enough to realize that she wasn't in the decimated stadium, with little boy looking at her with those steel blue eyes  him but in a cold darkroom.
She flickered her eyes to notice two people talking over a desk alongside her bed. One of them wore a white coat with a stethoscope while the other one was a girl with navy blue hair.

"There is nothing to worry about, she must have fainted due to suffocation by the smoke. But still I would suggest you to keep her resting for at least a day." The elder one adviced, before leaving.

"Dawn..." serena muttered softly just after the door was bared.

Serena looked down to see that her upper body was wrapped in bandages while her ankle was plastered.
"Is it this bad?" She asked

"Now slow down we don't want you to break any more of your bones." Dawn replied to her honey haired friend as she softly pushed her back to her cot.

"And its not bad as you think, unless the pain is unbearable." Dawn's features softened looking at her."your rib is comparatively fine just slightly bruised, but your ankle is a totally different story. "

"Really?? I feel like I have broken a rib or two while I don't feel any pain in my ankle. " serena dismissed her friends report.

"That's the thing.. not only pain but you won't have any sensation in your ankle from now on." Dawn replied hesitantly.

"What?!" Were the only words left from her mouth, as she quickly tried getting up but to her suprise her ankle had no sensation left.

"Here." Dawn muttered evading the actual question while giving serena a pair of clutches.
"Doctor said that you can walk or if I have to say more precisely you should walk, other than that your ribs being bandaged so you may feel a bit uncomfortable. But dont think about removing it." Dawn chided the last part.

"A boy.... with steel blue eyes... have you.. have you seen a boy of 6 somewhere near where I feel...." serena asked out of the blue as her breath hitched.

"Aa... No I don't think so." Dawn stated nervously. "You should ask gary he was the one who bought you here."

Gary..
'Only hearing his name made guilt wash all over me. He saved me yesterday from a certain death, he saved me from calem, he befriended and supported me when no one else would. And the thing which pains me the most is that I could be all that things he is being to me, but I can't be what he wants me to be....
Because I know I can't love another....
I don't know why but I can't get that raven haired bastard out of head.
Once I had thought that we had these really superficial connection between us but yesterday my tales shattered and with it so did my heart.'

"You good." I snapped out of those thoughts as dawn supported my already stood body.

I nodded and gave her a soft smile.
"Let's head for the food court. I'm starving... that's if you could walk till there." Dawn japed trying to lighten the grim mood.