CHAPTER 20: FRENIMIES.

◾◾⚜◾◾

GARY.

600-700 injured and over 250-270 are admitted." Officer Jenny stated after investigating the ravaged site.

"You sure about that. It looks at least thousands could have been trapped here." Gary said pushing some of the rumble away.

"We are still investigating MR. Oak. And I'm sure we would get the exact numbers before the sun down." Jenny said before going the other way.

"Its a disaster." Gary muttered to himself.

"It sure looks like that."a voice  whispered from behind him.
"But we both know there is something happening here that we are unaware off." The person said coming ahead.

"It seems this is the only thing we can agree on." Gary said with a chuckle.

"Indeed but still I would appreciate if you would answer some of my questions. " the grey haired guy asked.

"Appreciate?? I don't need your appreciation or I'm not bind to answer you." Gary stated in an offended way.

"Fine if you really want to try to figure out what is happening then we must share what both of us know. " calem muttered losing his patience.

"I don't know anything about what happened today. So you better go your own way. " Gary replied before heading in the direction from where calem came.

"Or you know everything about this and you don't want others to find your involvement." Calem replied turning around.

Gary quickly turned around and punched calem straight on his jaw.
"Ah now I know why ash wanted to do that for a while." Gary said cleaning his knuckles. Calem stumbled back holding his jaw tightly between his palms."you bastard how dare you..." calem whined in pain.

"Next time think twice before saying anything." Gary said grabbing him by his jacket and shoving him on the floor.

                       ◾◾⚜◾◾

Dawn

'It was meant for him to have good luck.' Dawn thought as she softly brushed the white worn out jacket which she held in her arms, it was the same jacket which they had bought at a shop near pallet town, the same which he wore while facing lance.
'But no amount of luck would have prevented what happened last week.'
Dawn thought as a tear escaped her blue eyes.

She was dazed out of her thought by someone placing their hand over hers in way to comfort her.
"He is going to be okay." A middle aged woman in her 30s said.

"Delia...." dawn nodded while placing a small smile.
'It should be me who should comfort her and not the other way.... it's her son who is in there.' Dawn thought as she cused herself.

"Pika piiii" the yellow mouse pokemon popped up from Delia's lap and chirped towards the corridor.

She followed the mouse's gaze which lead to her honey blonde friend standing near the entrance.
This was the first time in a 4 days that serena had ever visited the raven haired trainer.
Lately the performers was trying to avoid ash however it was possible, and it confused dawn, both of them had been almost inseparable from the time at ball, and for a time she envied serena for it, but now the performer could barely talk about him.