CHAPTER 16:HEARTS AND MINDS.

◾◾⚜⚜◾◾

Both the attack collided with each other creating a cloud of dust all around the field.
As the smoke gradually cleared from the field gasps were heard within the stadium which were followed by a loud applause erupting from the kalos side.

Serena tried to stand up with her broken ankle to get a more clear view of the field. Just as her view started to get cleared up she felt her breath hitched seeing her raven haired boyfriend fallen on his knees while his pokemon was smacked a few feets away on a wall.

She looked around to register similar shocked expression throughout the stands.
Dawn's eyelids had unnaturally retracted bulging her already round eyes to a point where only her sclera and irises were visible.
Cynthia had more of a calm composure than others but even then her eyes were telling a different tale.

"Its impossible" misty said finally breaking silence as she too stood from her seat.

"So he is not that invincible after all." She heard someone said aloud over the deafening silence. She turned towards it to find a purple haired guy sitting with the sinnoh entourage commenting with a ridiculous smirk plastered on his face.

Just before serena could give a piece of her mind she felt two arms grabbing her and urging her to sit.
"Don't waste your strength on them, they are not worth it." Gary said, who was seated adjacent to her.

Serena felt a sudden pang in her heart as she watched ash fallen there without any further movements at all.
"Its over...."serena muttered under her breath as she tightly clutched Gary's forearms who were still around her.

"Greninja's down!!!!!" The commentators loud voice boomed through out the stadium.

                      ◾◾⚜⚜◾◾

"So this is it, here it ends." Alain commented from across the field

I kept looking at the ground unable to
Again face defeat against him.
"This is it." Alains words kept repeating in my head as I turned to look at greninja who was fallen a few feets away from me."So this is my limit." I muttered to myself.

"Greninja is down!!!!!!" The commentators words boomed above the loud applause coming through the stands.

"Ser call your next pokemon." The referee said.

I got up from my knees and headed towards greninja who still had swirls in his eyes. I don't understand why I couldn't get tunned with greninja.
"You did great, take some rest". Ash said, while returning greninja into his Pokeball a scene flashed in his head.

                       ◽◽◽◽

                      Flashback

"You can't defeat him, this is your limit ash." A man with shaggy grey hair spoke with a grin on his face.

"B-but f-father." A boy of 7 spoke with tears streaming through his caramel coloured eyes.

"Its not fair Red is 2 years older than me, he even has his own pokemon wereas I'm using one from professor oaks lab" the kid yelled crying.

"Don't give excuses, you wanted a chance and I gave you one. So now don't start something. " the grey haired man replied.

"And you used professor oaks pokemon, that's one of the reasons you lost. Nothing good can come out of them they are pathetic just like you." The person spoke with a sceptical laugh in his voice.

"That's enough John. He is just a kid of 5." A younger version of ash's mom said as she held her crying son.

"Don't waste your time on him delia, instead concentrate on red, he will be my key to the perfect world." John said while looking at red with a motive.

"He is not some sort of key or a weapon, he is my son! MY SON!" Delia said losing her cool.

"Don't stand between us or our goal Delia, let Red decide with whom he wants to be with." John asked looking at a dumbfounded red.

"What does it mean?" The elder among the two boys spoke.

"If you want to be strong than follow me and if you want to be a weakling and hide behind your Mothers skirt than stay." John said as he started walking away.

Red looked between his mother and dad for what felt like eternity to him until he looked at her mother who had tears rolling down her cheeks as she tightly held her younger son.

"Do you remember red what I thought you, emotions and feelings won't make you achieve anything, it won't make you stronger it will held up down just like a creeper.' John said sensing red's uncertainty towards following him.
After which he heard soft footsteps following him.

"One day I will definitely defeat you." He heard a young hoarse voice yelled from behind him. He turned around to look ash stepping ahead of his mother's embrace and pointing towards his brother, who was giving a sympathetic smile towards him.
John just chuckled at it and once again walked away but this time with red following him.

                    Flashback-end

                          ◽◽◽◽

"One day I will defeat you." Ash spoke as he once again stood from the ground with a new found anger and determination.

                          ◾◾⚜◾◾

🔸️🔸️🔸️🔸️🔸️🔸️🔸️END🔸️🔸️🔸️🔸️🔸️🔸️🔸️

So here's another update!!!!(finally)
I know it's very short but there will be 2-3 updates these week!!!! And probably the next chapter will up by tomorrow
So till then

MERRY  Christmas  ⭐⚜⭐ TO  EVERYONE !!