chapter 36 the tale of the two brothers and the chameleon

3rd person POV.

Right now team RNJR (Y/n) and Qrow sit around a campfire Qrow and (Y/n) has just told the story of the maidens explaining how they were real and what has happened over the last few months with Cinder and how her plan failed to bring down.

Qrow: really does anyone have any questions?

Jaune: of course we have questions this is just a lot to take in

Qrow: sure of course

Ruby: so these maidens they're powerful Fighters that don't need dust to use Magic.

Qrow: yeah

Nora: and there are four of them?

Qrow: yep always always

Ren: which means that whenever one of them dies the power transfers to someone a female that they cared about?

Qrow: whoever was in their thoughts last important distinction best option it's someone we can trust regardless their souls become combined in a way.

(Y/n): the original plan was to have Pyrrha become the next fall Maiden but I came up with a plan to prevent that instead I would give back the previous fall made in her power by stealing it back from the person who stole it from her AKA I would just reach into her and pluck it out and that person would be Cinder fall.

Nora: wow that's kind of cool.

Ruby: how does that work reaching someone and pull out their power?

(Y/n): I can guarantee you this it's not pleasant and I believe Udall rather not know the less you all know about what I did that night the better because trust me her screams will haunt my memories forever it'll just go in the library of other people screams the people who I killed and wrong.

Jaune: wow that's just messed up.

(Y/n): oh well it could be worse eventually the screaming Jess Ebbs away into your subconscious

Ruby: that guy Tyrian why was he after me and (Y/n)?

Qrow: having Silver Eyes is a rare trait and ever since you were born you had a Target painted on your back and the moment you figure out how to use them that Target will become greater as for why he was after (Y/n) I'm not sure.

(Y/n): it's simple really Salem visited me in my dreams when we first arrived here on this planet and she offered me a chance to join her and I said no pretty plain and simple and I'm guessing that what I did to send her just made my target on my back much more noticeable so now I'm guessing Salem and her goons are becoming after all of us now but really I say let them come I'll just kill them all and send their bodies back to her in a matchbox they think that's stealing lightsabers and Pelicans will give them the edge they need they are sorely mistaken secrets and weapons can only do so much it takes experience but those weapons and knowledge that can truly give one the edge.

Qrow: that's why I was following you guys can make sure you're safe all of you

Ruby: well why not travel with us? that would seem a lot easier.

Jaune: he was using us as bait.

Qrow: look I wouldn't put it like that it's complicated.

Jaune: what is all of this? Ruby and (Y/n) are being hunted the schools are being attacked All For What? What is the point of all this? Will you just tell us what's going on?

Qrow sighs and tells Jaune to sit down.

Qrow: not many people are super religious these days Well besides (Y/n) and the people on his team.