{26}

Author

Author

"It's all my fault! All my fault." Jungkook cried, having his face in his hands as he sat down.

You watched the scene from far. The scene of Jungkook crying. He didn't know you were there. You got in a taxi and followed the ambulance. You didn't know why, but you felt like it was your fault. You felt guilty.

And now finally getting to see your hero with your own eyes, you still couldn't feel any happy because Penelope was having surgery. It hurt the way he didn't even look at you when you called his name out over and over again.

He just got in the ambulance without looking back. It hurt. Though what was important now weren't your feelings, it was Penelope.

"Don't worry, she'll be fine. After the surgery,  your dog will be able to walk again." The nurse tried to comfort him.

Watching from far for a few more minutes until the nurse left and Jungkook was alone there, you took your first steps.

Why ... why was your heart racing?

Letting out a shaky sigh, you placed your hand against your chest and stood in front of him. It seemed like he didn't notice you yet, he was still having his face in his hands.

Sitting beside him, you were hesitating a lot.

"Jungkook..."

His heart missed a beat after hearing your voice. Yet where was the use of running away and ignoring you? Moving his hands down, he almost looked at you, but couldn't. Trying it again, he finally succeeded. Now looking at the eyes that finally actually were really looking at him, into his eyes, he felt different emotions all at once.

While you ... you were lost in his eyes. Lost in his gaze and appearance. He sure was handsome and changed a lot. You remembered how he looked like when he was still a kid, he sure changed a lot. But you still could tell that it was him.

Your hero.

Looking down at your neck, his eyes turned cold.

"You don't wear the dove necklace? I thought your brother-"

His words were cut when you showed him the necklace. It was around your wrist though.

"I do."

His eyes softened at that, looking quickly away when he felt his cheeks burning. You smiled when seeing his shy side.