{27}

Jimin

"Explain it to me. Make me understand, Jimin!"

So the time has finally come. The moment where I had to tell my best friend about my past. I feared this moment for such a long time now. Now that it was happening, I was scared of only one thing.

Jungkook to hate me.

I could rely on him so many times, the same was with him. He was like a brother to me. A younger brother I wished for a long time. Meeting him was a coincidence. Or maybe fate.

"I was young and a coward, my friend," I admitted. To be honest, I didn't know what to say. Or say it in a way he wouldn't hate me later. What I said was the truth.

I took the courage to look at him and saw how he was at a loss of words. He was speechless. But something made me feel like he knew. He knew that it was me.

"I know you probably hate me now." I gulped, my voice was shaky.

"I don't. I don't hate you, Jimin. I am just angry with you and really disappointed." He took a sharp breath and looked around with his teary eyes. Then he decided to place his hand in my shoulder and what he did and said next, took me off guard."

"And I'd like to thank you." He hugged me.

Why? Why was he thanking me?

"If that accident didn't happen, there wouldn't be a chance for me to meet her."

"I hope you understand though if I am mad at you now. I was praying for it to not be you, Jimin. The story I should have imagined was too real. And understand Y/N...if she decides to put you in jail, go with it and don't run away again. Because I know you." He smiles.

"Know what?"

"You're not a coward. Not anymore."

Author

Jungkook was now heading back, alone. After talking a few things out, he told Jimin that he'd contact him someday. Jimin actually wanted to come with him and to apologize, but Jungkook didn't allow him.

Not now...now that you came back. Not now when you decided to come back after meeting Yoongi. Not now when you craved for him. But not him at the same time.

Jungkook felt like you moved on from Yoongi. He just knew. And the fact that you kept searching for him, even when he was watching you while you were doing so, that meant a lot to him.

"Penelope..." Jungkook looked at his baby, kissing her forehead. Penelope's leg was bandaged and the doctor said that she'd recover soon. "You just had to run to her like that, huh? Seems like you have to teach me..." Penelope wasn't asleep, but her eyes were half-open. She was really tired.

Just then, Jungkook received a message from his uncle.

'Really excited about this World tour! You have to come back to practice, we have only 2 days. Let us not disappoint anyone and show your talent, Jungkookie. I am really proud of you.'

2 days. Jungkook wanted to post the song and mv in 2 days. Because he was sure you'd see it and he didn't want to be here.

Jungkook entered inside your room. Seeing your sleeping form, he sat beside the chair beside your bed and held your hand. You were fine, there was nothing wrong. Jungkook just asked for a free room where you could lay until you wake up.

Suddenly, he had the courage. But then again, it disappeared in seconds. He was really scared. How he would let out shaky breaths and take sharp ones from time to time. How his fingers would tremble and how his eyes would get teary when looking at you.

He held your hand tighter and kissed the back of it, then he caressed your cheek while feeling his heart beating crazily against his chest.
Of course, something like that would wake anyone up.

"Jung Y/N... "

Justin?

"Jung Y/N...forgive me."

It has to be Justin!

You opened your eyes and slowly looked down. His head was resting on your lap and his hand was holding yours. Not being able to see his face, you guessed it was him.

"Justin?" You whispered and then, Jungkook's opened his eyes. You suddenly stood up, startling him.

"...Jungkook?!" You breathed, seeing his shocking face. You expected someone else, though...

Justin.

Why Jungkook? Why was Jungkook there?

When you tried asking what it was just now, if he was the one visiting you in the hospital and how the heck his voice sounded the same when he spoke your full name, Jungkook ran from that room.

Following your instinct, you ran after him.

"Jungkook!"

Seeing how he bumped into a nurse and didn't even apologize when that nurse fell down, you understood that there was something wrong with him. Him running away from you like that, made you want to stop.

But you needed answers.

Following him outside, he would bump into people again and again. And when he looked over his shoulder, you gasped. The fear in his eyes. That fear ... you shuddered.

He was quick, yet you were behind him. So close. Close to catch him. Noticing the red light, your eyes widen and you quickly reached for his arm, pushing him back.

Somehow, you ended up on him. Both of you on the ground, you held his both arms and trapped him.

"Have you lost your mind?! Do you have a death wish, you idiot?!" You yelled and he tried to escape from your grip.

"Fine." You scoffed bitterly and let go of him, standing up. He also stood up, looking at you as he tried to catch his breath. Both of you breathing heavily while looking at each other, you tried to read him.

Tried to understand why he would run away like that. As if you found out something you shouldn't have or caught him.

"I'll be going, you don't have to run away. Penelope needs you here."

Jungkook lowered his gaze at that and was about to leave again, but stopped his steps after hearing your question.

"What are you, Jungkook?" You asked weakly, tears running down your cheek.

Slowly and slowly, you were finding out the truth. But you still had your doubts. It couldn't be like that. Maybe you had too many thoughts.

Or maybe you were still blind to see who was standing in front of you.

"I am just your childhood friend. Your hero, nothing else. No one else. Just Jeon Jungkook." And with that, he walked away just like that.

You placed your hand against your chest and cried. You were so desperate to find your Justin, you almost thought that Justin was Jungkook.

"Stupid me."