The unforgivable curses

Professor Moody placed a spider in a jar on the table opposite of Lyra. He had his back to her but she knew he may strike at any moment. "CONSTANT VIGILANCE!" he would yell at her "do you think the enemy will let you know right before they are about to attack?!"

So she was ready. Beginning to try to build the walls up in her mind. Focusing on a calm awareness.

" imperious!" Moody yelled.

Lyra's calmness turned to a giddy peacefulness. She just felt wonderful! Or at least the spell tried to make her feel wonderful. In her core, she fought against the feeling. Trying to stop it from taking root. 

She only managed to fight it off for a moment or two. Then it cracked her walls and flooded in. Her power was now his.

Make the spider scared. The voice said. Make it terrified.

She shifted staggering back. No. She didn't want too. A horrible pain ripped through her and the entire mood in the room shifted. The spider in the jar began to scramble trying desperately to escape.

Then the fog faded and her senses came back to her. She looked up to see a disappointed Moody looking back at her.
"Lyra," he began his voice softer than usual "You have to learn to resist. With your ab-"

The mood in the room shifted again. Her frustration and fear boiling over. She stared blankly ahead. "Again." She mumbled.

"What?" He asked.

Her eyes flickered to him. The anger and determination in them took him by surprise.  "Again." She said louder and steadily "let's try again."