The Challenge

After George and Lyra moved all the desks out of the way they both took to either side of the classroom.

"Right," said George "So I've got a new idea for practice."

Lyra looked at him cautiously "go on..."

He smiled mischievously "think of it as a game. I'm going to try to grab you, you've got to try to stop me."

"What?" Said Lyra and dread filled the room "George I don't think-"

"Lyra you refuse to hex me. Or at least try to hex me anyways," he winked "This way you're forced too."

"George-"

"Ready?"

"No, I-"

But he didn't give her a chance to finish. George barreled forward at her. Lyra jumped back with a squeak. But there was nowhere for her to go. He went to grab her hand and before she could stop herself her wand was up and the words were flashing across her mind. George fell to the floor with a thud. His legs bound together.

"Don't do that!" She huffed. But he just grinned at her.

"Why? It worked!"

She leaned against the wall. "Can't we practice another way?"

"Nope."

"Will you at least block next time?"

"To be honest," he said while pulling out his wand and unbinding hid legs "I didn't see it coming. I didn't think it would work."

"George Weasley, you are an idiot."

He grinned standing up and brushing himself off. "Lyra can I ask you a question?"

She looked at him cautiously again. "Sure?"

He seemed to falter for a moment as if deciding whether or not he should ask. "Does it really bug you when I touch you? I mean, you don't seem to mind if Fred does."

She blushed heavily. "W-well, Skin to skin contact when I'm not expecting it can give me a bit of a shock. I'm usually pretty careful around people so if someone slings an arm around me or anything like that I pay particular attention." Her blush deepened "but I have a harder time keeping my guard up around you. So no it doesn't bug me, it just gives me a shock sometimes."

George blushed too but tried to hide it with a grin "It's alright, I always knew I was the more attractive twin."