Finding Fred

By the time they found Fred he was a right mess. The potion had mostly worn off, Lyra assumed because he had tired himself out searching everywhere for Lee. She gave him one of the bottles and reality seemed to snap back in place for him.

"Lyra." He said quietly "did you drug me?"

She smiled "I warned you I would."

He glared up at her horrified "If I wasn't so bloody impressed, I'd be angry."

George laughed and she reached out a hand to Fred in order to help him up. He took it, but pulled her to the floor with a thud.

"Ow!" She yelled rubbing her head and sitting up next to him. "I suppose I deserve that."

"Oi!" George scolded "dont be bruising my girlfriend."

Lyras' stomach twisted. Did he just say, girlfriend?!

"I'd hex her if she wasn't a girl." She tried to elbow him but he easily leaned back out of the way causing her to almost fall again. "and if she wasn't already so clumsy."

"I'm not clumsy." She mumbled leaning back against the hallway wall.

George slid down next to her "you are a bit dear."

"Never mind all that, so how did it work?" Fred asked excitedly.

"You dont remember?" She asked.

He frowned. "Bits."

"We'll have to make some major adjustments. It's far too strong and the effects dont last nearly as long as they should."

"Rats." He sighed, and then jumped up. "Welp might as well get started."

She shook her head with a smile, he sure recovered quickly.