Vacation

Lyra followed Hermione into the Gryffindor's common room. She clearly felt different about Lyra being allowed inside now. She seemed in an overall good mood lately and Lyra thought she knew why.

Harry, Ron, and Ginny were sitting by the fire and Hermione made a beeline for them.

"How come you two weren't at dinner?" Hermione asked.

"Because," Ginny began to answer, "Oh shut up laughing you two! Because they both had just been turned down by girls they asked to the ball."

The two stopped laughing immediately. "Thanks a bunch, Ginny," Ron said his mood turning sour.

"All the good ones are taken, Ron?" Hermione asked and Lyra took it as her cue to tune them out. She didn't tune back in until she heard her name.

"You and Lyra can go with us."

"No, we can't." Said Hermione acidly.

"Oh come on! We're gonna look really stupid if we haven't got any and everyone else has."

"I can't go with you... because I'm already going with someone."

"No your not!" Ron spat "You just said that to get rid of Neville!"

Hermione's eyes blazed "Oh did I?!" She hissed "Just because it's taken you three years to figure out I'm a girl doesn't mean nobody else noticed!"

Ron stared for a moment before grinning "okay, okay we know you're a girl. That do? Will you go now?"

Lyra curled her legs up to her chest, shrinking form Herminoe's anger.

"I already told you!" She yelled, "I'm going with someone else!"

She grabbed her bag and stormed off. Lyra letting out a breath.

"She's lying!" Ron said scowling

"She's not." Ginny and Lyra said at the same time.

"Well, who is it then?!"

"We're not telling you it's her business." Said Ginny and Lyra nodded in agreement.

"Right." Ron said "this is getting stupid. Ginny, you can go with Harry, Lyra you can come with me."

"I can'tttt." Said Ginny blushing. "I'm going with Neville. He asked me after Hermione said no and I thought well, I'm not going to be able to go otherwise. I'm not in fourth year." She sighed sadly "I think I'll go have dinner."

Ron looked at Lyra and she opened her mouth to answer when George hopped over the back of the couch and slipped down next to her. "Forget it, little brother. Lyra's going with me!" He said proudly.

Lyra turned scarlet and suddenly found the fire very interesting.

Ron stared at Harry in disbelief "What's gotten into them?!"

Fred slid into the seat on the other side of Lyra. "I know," Fred agreed. "Don't know what she sees in an ugly fellow like George." He looked at Lyra "didn't anyone tell you I'm the better-looking twin?"

"She doesn't think so." Said George sliding an arm around her shoulder. Successfully turning Lyra tomato red again.

Harry shook his head and stood. And Ron just looked at her as if she was from another planet.

"Like she would have gone with you anyway." Said Fred.

"Right," said George "she wouldn't even talk to you before."

Ron crossed his arms and slouched in his chair. "She didn't talk to you either." He grumbled.