The First Day After The Night

The sky was beautiful, the air sweet with a warm breeze. Lyra soaked it all in, feeling more like herself then she had in a long time. She knew she'd have to go inside soon, to breakfast and then off on the train and home. But for now, she just enjoyed the sun.

"Hiding from your red-headed friends? They'll be worried you know."

She turned surprised, Viktor Krum stood a few feet away. She smiled at him, it was a genuine smile too. " Viktor, I'm so glad I get to see you before you go!"

He walked over and sat down next to her, "You seem much better today then you have in the past, I won't be so worried going back now."

A little sadness ebbed at her, "I wish you didn't have to go, I wish you went to school here instead."

"I wish I had too," he said looking up at the blue sky "do you think we would have been good friends?"

"Definitely, Hermione, you, and I would have all been Library buddies."

He grinned, "I think I would have liked that."

"Oh well, at least we are friends now. You'll answer if I write? I'm thinking of getting an owl."

"I'll write to you first, so we can talk before you get one. Maybe you and Hermione could come and visit, it is very beautiful where I live."

"I'd love too! I bet Hermione would too."

A blush tinted his cheeks. "We should head up to the castle, I'm sure your friends are looking for you."

"Fred and George?"

He nodded "Its rare to see you nowadays without the two of them behind you."

"Yeah...they're a bit overprotective after everything that happened."

He shrugged and stood, offering her a hand up. "I can't say I blame them, your dating one of them aren't you?"

It was Lyra's turn to blush now, she nodded.

"If my girlfriend was almost kidnapped I don't think I'd let her out of my sight either."

They walked back up to the castle, chatting all the way. When they reached the great hall Lyra found that Krum's guess was no exaggeration, as soon as they walked in Fred and George were there.

"Lyra!" George said running up "We were wondering where you were!"

"Yeah, we waited by the Ravenclaw common room but you never came out."

Krum shifted awkwardly at her side. "Well, it was nice to see you Lyra." He said awkwardly and went to walk away.

"Viktor wait," Lyra said. He stopped and before he could react she pulled him into a hug. "Have a good summer, okay? and make sure to write."

He hugged her back, trying to ignore the death glares and stares from the people around them. She pulled away, blushing a bit too, she wasn't usually a touchy person.

"Yeah, I will. You too." He replied, and turned to the twins "You two have a good summer as well, I'm sorry we never got the chance to play against each other, Lyra told me your beaters for the Gryffindor team."

"Yeah it's a shame," Fred said recovering quickly, "good meeting you though!"

"Who knows, too" George chimed in, "You're good friends with Lyra and Harry, so maybe someday we'll get the chance."

"That would be nice," Viktor said and with one last wave, walked away.

As soon as he was out of earshot they turned on her. "Bit of a romantic night stroll of the grounds with Krum before he heads back home Stone?" Fred teased.