Chapter 1 "Going to Heaven"

A month has gone by.
Shaylynn is now twenty-four weeks pregnant. Each day she's in more pain than the last.

~~~~~~~

Inside Nordstroms, Shaylynn is looking at the different baby items they offer.
With all the stuff she's looked, at all the places she's been to, she thinks she's decided on what she's going to do the nursery in.
Picking up two mobiles that have blue elephants, she walks to the register to pay for them.
Getting on the elevator, she makes her way down to the ground floor.
Walking toward the front doors she runs into Mason, "Oh, hi!" she says to him, "I'm surprised you're in Chicago again. Is the President back?" she asks.
Mason shakes his 'no', "I don't work for the Secret Service any longer," he tells her in his Scottish accent, "I work with the FBI now."
Shaylynn almost drops her bag when she hears his answer, "Oh, what about being the new director?" she asks.
"I was offered something better with the FBI," he tells her, "They sent me here."
"You said that you've never been married, do you at least have children?" she asks him to hurry and change the subject.
He looks at her depressed, closes his eyes as he shakes his head 'no'.
Opening his eyes, he looks at her, "No," he tells her. 

Shaylynn wishes she never brought up the subject, "I better go so you can go about your business," she tells him walking around him and out the door

She starts walking down the sidewalk when Mason catches up to her, "Would you like to go and get something to drink?" he asks her with his puppy dog eyes.
"Sure, why not!" she tells him.
Mason smiles and takes her bag from her, "There's a Starbucks down the street. Can you make it that far?" he asks her.
Shaylynn hits him on the arm, "I'm sure I can manage," she tells him.
They both start walking down the street.

~~~~~~

Sitting in Starbucks, Shaylynn and Mason talk.
"How long have you been married?" he asks her.
"It's going on four years," she tells him, "Why didn't you ever get married?" she asks.
"I never found the one. I didn't realize I already had the one until I made a huge mistake and let her get away!" he tells her.
"Oh God, Mason no!" Shaylynn says, "Don't say that to me! You made it clear that you didn't want anything to do with me! That's why we called off the wedding and went our separate ways!"
"And I was stupid! Yes at the time I was pissed but I finally realized you did what you did because of where you were in your career. I was being selfish and only thinking about myself and my career at the time," Mason tells her.
Shaylynn looks at her phone to see what time it is, "I have to go and pick up my daughter," she tells him standing up, Mason looking at her surprised.
"You have a daughter also?" he asks her.
"Yes," Shaylynn tells him.
"Same father as the baby?" he asks nodding to her stomach.
Shaylynn gives him a look, "Yes, the same father as the babies!" she tells him.
"Babies?" Mason says surprised, "You're having twins."
"Mason, I don't think it's a good idea to be talking about this," Shaylynn tells him picking up her bag.
Mason stands up and takes the bag from her, "Alright," he says, "I'll walk you to your car."
They walk out of Starbucks and walk back to her car.
After Shaylynn unlocks it, Mason puts her bag in the back, he closes the door, "I would love to meet your daughter."
Shaylynn looks at him, "Why?" she asks.
"Why not?" he questions, "I'm sure she's a mini you."
"Alright," she tells him, "Follow me. What are you driving?"
"An Audi R8," he tells her.
She nods at him and gets into her SUV.
Mason walks away back to his car.
Shaylynn keeps watching in her side mirror for an Audi. After a minute one finally pulls up so she pulls out.
After picking Jacquelyn up at Trudy's, Shaylynn heads for home.