Chapter 6 "Thank You For Coming"

Hunter backs up from her and sees the shocked look on Shaylynn's face.
He shakes his head not believing what he just did, "Oh God! Shaylynn, I'm so sorry! People, especially women, usually aren't nice or sincere to me but that's not an excuse! I'm so sorry!"
Hunter hurries and rushes out of the bathroom.
Shaylynn hurries out the door after him when her phone rings making her stop so she can get it out of her bag.
"Hello," she says.
"I need for you to come in and help out," she hears Hank tell her as she walks out into the hallway looking for Hunter, "Jay needs a partner and when you're around he's more aggressive. That's what we're needing right now!"
Looking one way and then the other, Shaylynn doesn't see Hunter anywhere, "Alright, but can I do this tomorrow? I'm at the hospital right now" she asks him.
"Sure," Hank says hanging up.
Shaylynn makes her way up to the NICU wondering what Hunter meant by what he said to her.

When she walks into the NICU, she looks around but doesn't see Hunter.
She figures he left and went home, probably too embarrassed to be around her.

Later that day, Halstead walks into the NICU, one of the nurses sees him and walks over, "She's in the back," she tells him.
"Thanks," Halstead says and walks in that direction.
When he gets to the back he sees Shaylynn has her eyes closed with Landon and Logan laying on her chest.
He walks over, bends down, and kisses her.
Shaylynn's eyes pop open to see Halstead standing there, she smiles at him.
Before Shaylynn can say anything, Sharon the head nurse walks over to them, "Unbutton your shirt and have a seat, Mr. Halstead," she tells him.
Halstead smiles at Shaylynn as he unbuttons his shirt. He sits down in the chair beside her as Sharon picks up Logan off Shaylynn.
Sharon places Logan onto Halstead's chest, fixing the tubes and wires, then places a blanket over them.
The heat from Halstead's body soothes Logan who tries to curl up closer to him.
For the next couple of hours, Shaylynn and Halstead spend with the boys.

Later that night as Shaylynn sits in her office trying to do some research on Hunter, her phone rings.
"Hi Kelly," she says.
"Can you find me Mark's address here in New York?" he asks her.
"Why do you want his address? Are you in New York then?" she asks him.
"Yeah, I flew over to surprise Beth! Now I want to surprise him, with my fist in his face!" Severide tells her.
"YES! OH MY GOD! I wish I was there to kill that prick for real this time! What's happened?" Shaylynn asks him.
"She told me they kissed!" he tells her.
"You're fucking kidding me! I'm gonna kill her!" Shaylynn says upset.
"The guilts eating her up real bad, leave her!" Severide says.
"Aren't you mad at her?" Shaylynn questions.
"Of course I'm mad at her! But I don't want her to leave me, Shaylynn!" he tells her as he starts to cry, "I don't know what I'd do if she left me!"
"Oh Kelly, don't! You'll start me off!" Shaylynn tells him.
"I'm sorry," Severide says.
"Where is she?" she asks.
"In bed, drunk! She's drunk nearly two bottles of wine!" Severide tells her.
"Well, I hope the little runt has the hangover from hell tomorrow! I'll see if I can get the address for you," she tells him.
"Thanks, Shaylynn," Severide says.
Shaylynn hangs up.
She pulls up another screen and finds Mark's address in less than a minute.
Picking up her phone, she texts it to Severide.

An hour later, Shaylynn's starting to get tired and wants to join Halstead in bed.
She turns off her computer but she's dying to know what Severide did to Mark.
Picking up her phone, she calls him.
"Shaylynn?" she hears him say.
"Well?" she asks.
"I punched him a few times and nearly killed him with a pool cue!" Severide tells her.
"What do you mean nearly? Do I need to fly over there and finish what you started?" she asks him.
"You just stay where you are! He got the message!" he tells her.
"We thought he got the message the last time!" Shaylynn reminds him.
"He does love her though. I could see it in his eyes!" Severide says.
"Well he can go and find his own Beth!" she tells him.
"He'll have a hard job trying to find another Beth. They broke the mold after she was born!" he says.
"Yeah tell me about it!" Shaylynn says.
"My hand hurts like a bitch!" he tells her.
"Get some ice on it!" Shaylynn tells him.
"I will," he says.
"Are you two home tomorrow then?" she asks him.
"Yeah," he tells her.
"I'll probably be at the hospital. I'll call you later on in the day," Shaylynn tells him.
"Sure, take care!" Love you," Severide says.
"Love you too hun!" Shaylynn says hanging up.
She turns out her desk light and stands up. Walking over to the door, she walks out closing the door behind her making her way to the stairs.