Chapter 5 "Need Your Help"

Hunter pulls up to the iron gates.
Shaylynn gets into her bag and pulls out the gate opener.
She's thankful she keeps it in there instead of her car since she didn't feel like dealing with the impound lot.

After the gates are open, Hunter drives through and up to the house.
"Nice house," he tells her pulling up in front of the front door.
"Thanks," Shaylynn says, "And thanks for the ride home."
Hunter smiles at her, "You're welcome. I'll see you tomorrow."
Shaylynn looks at him, "You're coming to the hospital, right?" he asks her.
She smiles, "Yes, I'll be there," she tells him opening the door.
Getting out she closes the door and walks up to the door.
Unlocking it, Shaylynn walks in, turning around she waves at Hunter.
He waves back at her and drives off down the driveway.
Shaylynn watches him drive off. Once he's out of sight she closes the door.

Walking through the house, she looks at the time to see Jacquelyn and Jill would be at Jacquelyn's playdate right now.
Making her way upstairs, Shaylynn takes her phone out of her pocket.
Not being able to shake the sense that something is going to happen, she calls Beth.
"Shaylynn?" she hears Beth say.
"What are you doing?" Shaylynn asks her.
"Right this minute? I'm talking to you," Beth says.
Shaylynn rolls her eyes, "Don't be a smartass! Where are you? Who are you with?"
"I'm at the recording studio with Mark and two other people. We're in the middle of recording," Beth tells her.
"Mmmmm," Shaylynn lets out.
"Oh for god sake, where are you? Who are you with?" Beth asks her sarcastically.
"We're back in Chicago," Shaylynn tells her.
"Oh good! I'll come and see you when I get home," Beth tells her.
"Which is when?" Shaylynn asks her.
"Late Friday night, maybe Saturday morning," Beth says.
"Okay, you stay out of trouble!" Shaylynn tells her.
"What is that supposed to mean?" Beth asks.
"You know what that means you, little runt!" Shaylynn says.
"Where do you get off calling me a runt you fat bitch! Fuck off! Stop treating me like a child!" Beth tells her.
Shaylynn's eyes start turning dark, "A fat bitch huh? Just wait until I see you! I'll stomp your flat ass into the ground you skinny little shit!" Shaylynn tells her annoyed.
Shaylynn hears the line go dead.
She walks into the bathroom and throws her phone onto the sink.
Looking in the mirror, Shaylynn watches as her eyes get darker. Not liking what she sees, she punches the mirror.
The full-length mirror shatters with pieces falling down onto the double sink.
Shaylynn shuts her eyes.
Opening them back up, she shakes her head at what she's done.
Walking over to a cabinet she opens it taking out a first aid kit. Looking inside, she sees she doesn't have the supplies she needs.
Walking back over to the sink, she picks up her phone.
"Hello,"
"Will, are you off today?" Shaylynn asks him.
"Yes," he tells her, "Why?"
"I need your help!" she tells him.
"What's wrong?" he asks.
"I punched a mirror," Shaylynn says.
There's silence, "I'll be right there," he tells her hanging up.
Shaylynn slides down a wall to the floor with tears falling onto her chest.

Twenty minutes later, she hears the front door slam shut.
"Shaylynn!" she hears Halstead yell.
She figured Will would call him after he got off the phone with her.
Looking up, the bathroom door flies open with Halstead rushing in over to her and Will following behind him.
"What prompted you to punch the mirror?" Halstead asks her.
"Something Beth said but I should have kept my cool," Shaylynn says as Halstead helps her stand up.
"What did she say?" Halstead asks her.
"It doesn't matter," Shaylynn tells him as Will looks at her hand.
"The fuck it doesn't matter! It must have mattered to you for you to punch the mirror! Now tell me what she said!" Halstead demands.
"She called me fat," she says.
Will looks at his brother as Halstead looks at him, "I'll be right back!" Halstead says walking out of the bathroom pissed.
"Hello,"
"Kelly, man you need to talk to Beth!" Halstead tells him.
Severide can tell by the tone of Halstead's voice he's pissed, "What's going on?" Severide asks.
"Will's patching up Shaylynn's hand because she punched the bathroom mirror over something Beth said to her," Halstead tells him.
"What did she say?" Severide asks him.
"She called Shaylynn fat," he tells Severide.
Silence.....
"I'll have a talk with her," Severide says, Halstead noticing the tone in Severide's voice has changed, "Is Shaylynn alright?"
"Yeah, she's fine. Dr. Charles told me he feels Shaylynn has Postpartum Depression. I'm sure that didn't help her to hear," Halstead says.
"I bet. I'll talk to her soon," Severide says, "I have to go. A call just came in."
Halstead puts his phone away as Will walks out of the bathroom, "Everything alright?" Halstead asks him.
"She'll be fine," Will tells him.
"Thanks, Will! Thanks for calling me also!" Halstead says.
"See ya later," Will says walking out of the bedroom.
Shaylynn walks out and looks at Halstead.
He walks over to her putting his arms around her, "You're beautiful!" he tells her.
"For a fat girl?" she asks him.
Halstead gives her a disapproving look, "You're not fat so stop saying that!" he says to her, "I'm going to go downstairs and see about getting supper started."
He gives her a kiss and walks out of the bedroom.
Shaylynn takes her phone out of her pocket.
"Are you phoning me to insult me again?" Beth asks her.
"No. Are you going to call me fat again? Where are you now?" Shaylynn asks.
"In my apartment. I'm going for a bath. Is that okay?" Beth questions.
"Are you alone?" Shaylynn enquires.
"No, bloody Chris Hemsworth is in the bath waiting for me!" Beth says sarcastically.
That's when Shaylynn swears she hears someone trying not to laugh in the background.
"Honey, Thor is way out of your league!" Shaylynn tells her.
"Oh is that right? I could get anyone! Now go away! I'll see you on Saturday!" Beth says.
"I'm face timing you!" Shaylynn says to her.
"Fuck off you weirdo, I'm half naked! I'll see you on Saturday!" Beth says then Shaylynn hears the line's dead.
She gets a shitty smirk on her face for getting Beth all riled up.
Shaylynn walks out of the bedroom and walks downstairs to her office.