Chapter 17 "Going Down"

As the plane goes down, Beth starts yelling, "Oh my God! We're going to die!"
"We're not going to die! I have complete faith in Geoff and Harry!" Shaylynn tells her as the plane gets lower and lower.
The plane finally hits the ground pushing its way through the trees.
After a few minutes, it comes to a halt.
"Are we dead?" Beth asks Shaylynn crying.
"No!" Shaylynn tells her as she sees Geoff and Harry walk out of the cockpit with the cuts all over their faces.
"Are you two alright?" Geoff asks.
"I'm fine. What about you two? You're all cut up," Shaylynn tells him.
"Don't worry about us!" Geoff tells Shaylynn seeing that Beth still wasn't looking up, "Beth?"
Beth finally looks up, her eye makeup was making its way down her face.
"You need to invest in a good waterproof mascara!" Shaylynn tells her.
"Shut up! We nearly died and all you can say is I need a waterproof mascara!" Beth says to her as she wipes her eyes.
"I'm sorry," Shaylynn says as Beth looks at Geoff and Harry.
"Oh my God! Look at you two!" Beth says as she gets into her bag to get some baby wipes, she hands them to Geoff and Harry, "Here, wipe the blood away! I have some bandaids in here somewhere!"
"Don't worry about the bandaids!" Geoff tells her.
After Geoff wipes his face he tries to get a signal on the radio he's holding, "There's no signal," he tells them.
Shaylynn grabs her phone and looks at the signal, "I can't get a signal either. We need to be higher up."
"Climb a tree! There's plenty of them out there!" Beth tells her.
"Climb a tree? In this dress? Sometimes you're so dumb!" Shaylynn says to her as Beth glares at her.
"Come on ladies, this is no time to be arguing! Harry and I are going outside to have a look around," Geoff tells them.
"There aren't any steps!" Beth reminds him.
"We'll use the evacuation slide," Geoff tells her as a crackling noise came through his radio.
"How will they find us?" Beth asks.
"You'd be surprised! A lot of people would have seen the plane, they'll call the airport," Geoff reassures her.

~~~~~~

Halstead and Severide talk to Trudy's friend Rebecca at Air Traffic Control.
She tells them there were sightings of a plane going down just outside Erie.
Acquiring a flight from O'Hare to Erie International Airport near Cleveland, they'll meet up with a helicopter search and rescue squad.

~~~~~~

Haven't you got one of those satellite phones?" Beth asks Geoff.
"No," he tells her releasing the slide.
"Kelly and Jay will be worried sick! I'm getting off!" Beth says.
"You don't remember what you're wearing on your feet?" Shaylynn asks her
"Louboutins? So? I can walk in them!" Beth tells her.
"Stay on the plane the two of you. We're only going to walk where the plane came down. There will be a huge clearing and we might get a signal," Geoff tells them.
"I won't let her get off!" Shaylynn tells Geoff.
"I'll get off if I want, it's my plane!" Beth tells her.
"Once you're off I'd like to see you try and get back on!" Shaylynn tells Beth.
"Why?" Beth questions.
"Because it's a fucking slide dumbbell!" Shaylynn tells her.
"God, you two!" Geoff says.
"Well, I vote we all get off. That way we're all together," Beth tells everyone.
"Good idea," Shaylynn says.
"Bring everything with you," Harry tells them.
Ten minutes later they were all off the plane.
"Rosie would love that slide!" Beth says with the other three ignoring her.
"Right, we'll walk that way where the plane came down. Try our phones for a signal," Geoff tells the ladies.
They walk a little when one of Beth's heels brake, "Oh what!" she says looking down at her foot.
"Oh my God!" Shaylynn says laughing.
"I'm taking these back! They're clearly defective!" Beth says still staring at her foot.
Shaylynn couldn't stop laughing, "You make me laugh!
"I'm not trying too!" Beth tells her still looking at her foot.
"That's what I love about you!" Shaylynn says still laughing when she swears she hears Beth say something, "What was that?" she asks.
"I never said anything. How am I supposed to walk?" Beth asks looking up at everyone.
"Get over here!" Geoff tells her.
"Geoff, you're so masterful!" she says as she wobbles over to him.
He grabs a hold of her other shoe and breaks off the other heel, "You should be able to walk now!" he tells her.
Shaylynn and Harry laugh.