Chapter 4 "You're So Addicted"

~~~~~It's Pauline's turn at a chapter but this is for what went on out in California~~~~~

Standing in the kitchen drying dishes, Shaylynn hears a helicopter overhead.
Looking out the window that's over the sink, she sees the helicopter landing on the landing pad.
She smiles when she sees Halstead get out and shut the door.
Walking to the backdoor, she walks out onto the deck.
She sees Halstead look at her. He starts running toward the house as the helicopter takes off.
In no time, he's running up the deck steps.
Dropping his bag, he quickly puts his arms around her taking her into an embrace.
"I was so worried something happened to you!" he tells her, "With everything that happened with Hailey and not being able to get a hold of you, I thought the worse!"
He backs up and kisses her, Shaylynn puts her hands on each side of his face.
Backing up she stares at him, "I'm sorry I worried you! I needed to get out of Chicago and clear my head," she tells him, Halstead gets a look on his face, "What's wrong?" Shaylynn asks him.
"You were accusing me of having an affair with Hailey then she ends up shot and you leave Chicago," he says to her.
"Whoa, slow down! Hailey was shot?" Shaylynn questions him.
"Yes, she was shot in Adam's car at Med," he tells her.
Shaylynn can tell by the look on his face what he's thinking. "I didn't shoot her, Jay! Was she alive when she was found?" she asks him.
"Barely," Halstead tells her.
"Right there should tell you I didn't shoot her! If I shot her she wouldn't have been found alive!" she tells him thinking back, "Hell I didn't even go to the parking lot to get my car! I went out the back way and had an Uber pick me up behind Med. If you don't believe me call Hank and have him look in Med's parking lot for my car! Were you able to find out how Hailey was before you left Chicago?"
"She died. By the time someone found her she had lost too much blood," Halstead tells her.
"Oh my God! Jay, I'm so sorry! Yes, I was pissed off at her but I wouldn't have killed her over something like that. Kick her ass yes but not kill her!" Shaylynn tells him.
Halstead can tell Shaylynn's sincere, "I have to get back in a couple of days," he tells her, Shaylynn nods at him, "But I don't want to think about what's going on in Chicago! It's just you and me here and I want to take full advantage of that!" he says smiling at her, "How many acres do you have?"
"Twenty," she tells him.
"Good," he says with a shitty grin on his face as he looks out over the property seeing the fire pit is lit.
Seeing a blanket laying on the back of one of the deck chairs, he grabs her hand and leads her over to the chair, grabs the blanket, then leads her down the stairs.

Halstead leads her over to the chair that's by the fire pit and sits down.
He puts his hand out to her. Shaylynn puts her hand on his and he pulls her down onto his lap.
Once she's sitting on his lap, he covers them both up with the blanket.
Shaylynn lays her head on his shoulder, within seconds she starts kissing his neck, "Please stop," he tells her.
"Why?" she asks going back to kissing his neck.
"Because you can't," Halstead barely gets out enjoy the sensation.
Shaylynn stops, "I'm fine," she whispers into his ear and goes back to kissing his neck.
Halstead finds the bottom of her skirt. He runs his hand up her leg to discover she doesn't have any panties on.
He turns his head, looks at her, smiles, and starts kissing her.
Taking the blanket off them, Shaylynn stands up as Halstead undoes his belt, button, and zipper.
Wrapping the blanket around the back of shoulders, she straddles his lap taking him inside her.
Halstead closes his eyes and lets out a moan as she comes down on him.
Shaylynn leans forward and starts kissing him.

Waking up the next morning, Halstead looks at the clock to see it's four in the morning.
Lifting his left arm he looks at his watch to see it's six in the morning in Chicago.
He gently moves Shaylynn's head off his chest and sits on the side of the bed.
Standing up, he walks to the bathroom to get a shower.
Shaylynn opens up her eyes just in time to enjoy the view.

Looking through the kitchen cupboards Shaylynn realizes she doesn't have any coffee for Halstead.
She turns around when she hears him walk into the kitchen, he sees the look on her face, "What's wrong?" he asks her.
"I don't have any coffee. I wasn't expecting you to be here," she tells him.
"We'll just have to go and get some," he tells her, "I want to go out and explore anyways. I've never been to this part of the country. You have a car here, right?"
"Yes, I have a car," she tells him.
"Then let's go," Halstead says grabbing her hand.