Chapter 18 "Makeup and Men"

Shaylynn looks up in the rearview mirror to see if she can see the person but her mirror is messed up.
When she can't see, she gets ready to bite the hand that's covering her mouth.
"I move my hand, don't you start hitting me!" a voice says, Shaylynn's eyes get huge.
The hand slowly moves from her mouth and around the headrest.
"Damn it, Alex! What the fuck do you think you're doing sneaking into my car!" she tells him adjusting her rearview mirror so she can see him. 

Alex starts laughing, "You're losing your touch little sister!" he tells her

"I should pull you out of that seat and kick your ass!" she tells him, "Why are you here?" she asks.
"Well, we're here to see our niece and nephews that you never bothered to tell us about!" Alex tells her looking at her in the mirror.
Shaylynn looks at him surprised, "You're all here?"
"Yes, the others are at your house," he tells her.
"Are you staying back there or getting up front?" Shaylynn asks him.
Alex hurries out and gets in the passenger seat. As soon as he has his seatbelt on, Shaylynn speeds off.
"Holy shit! You're not in a Hummer remember!" Alex tells her holding on, "There's no getting the hell out of dodge from the enemy!"
Shaylynn takes a quick glance at Alex, "Would you stop acting like an old lady!" she tells him weaving in and out of traffic.
"Truly, you all are here?" Shaylynn asks Alex once again as she drives to her house.
"Yes! We're all here! Lucas, Brad, and Adam are all here!" he tells her, "Why didn't you let us know about the kids?"
Shaylynn shrugs her shoulders, "Because I never knew what you four were doing. You off somewhere filming something. Then Lucas traveling around playing tennis and Brad playing soccer."
Alex starts laughing, "Don't say that around him! You know it's football to him!"
"Tough shit! Here it's soccer! He can deal with it!" Shaylynn tells him, "And then there's Adam. I never know where he is," she says as she pulls into the driveway.
Putting the code in, the iron gates open and she drives through.

Hours later, Halstead walks into the house and right away hears a commotion coming from the family room.
He quickly makes his way in that direction to see four guys.
Two of them are holding his sons as another sings Karaoke with Jacqulyn.
Halstead clears his throat, Shaylynn looks back at him, "Jay!" she says smiling making him believe she wasn't trying to hide the guys.
She gets up, walks over to him, grabs his hand and leads him around the couch to stand in front of everyone.
"Jay, I'd like to introduce you to my brothers. Well, stepbrothers," she tells him, "This is Alex."
Alex nods at Halstead.
"Holding Logan is Brad," Shaylynn tells him.

"And holding Landon is Lucas," she tells Halstead.