Chapter 1 1/2 "Whatever You Need I'll Give It To You"

"Can I go back and see her?" Beth asks Halstead.
"Sure," Halstead tells her.
"I want to go also," Severide says.
"You'll have to fly under the radar because they're only allowing direct family back," Halstead tells him.
Severide nods at him, "Room 58," Halstead tells them.
Beth and Severide start walking back.

As Beth and Severide walk up to the door, they hear crying.
Severide opens the door, Beth walking in and hurries over to Shaylynn wrapping her arms around her.
"It's karma, Bethy!" Shaylynn tells her and starts crying again.
Beth sits down on the side of the bed, "Shaylynn don't say that! This has nothing to do with karma!"
Shaylynn shakes her head and starts crying hysterically, Beth looks over at Severide and nods for him to come over.
She stands up and Severide sits down on the bed, he puts his hands on each side of her face, "Shaylynn, look at me!" he tells her.
She stops shaking her head and looks at him, "What happened has nothing to do with karma! Karma isn't real! Do you understand! This has nothing to do with what happened in the past!" Severide tells her.
He takes one hand, grabs a kleenex, then wipes under her eyes, "You need to be strong for those little boys! They need you and Jay to be there for them!"
Shaylynn wraps her arms around Severide's neck and hugs him as she sticks out a hand to Beth.
Beth grabs it with Shaylynn pulling her over against Severide's back making a Severide sandwich.
They break the hug right as a nurse is walking in, "I'm sorry only family is allowed back here!" the nurse says.
"She's my cousin and he's my brother, so leave them be!" Shaylynn tells the nurse.
The nurse turns around and walks out, "Do you know if there is any way I can get April and Maggie up here?" Shaylynn asks putting a little smile on her face.
"We should be going so Jay can get back here," Severide tells her, "I'm sure Hank and Jacquelyn are eager to get back here as well."
"Thanks for coming back, Kelly!" Shaylynn says as he stands up.
He kisses her on the top of the head, then turns to Beth, "Beth can you stay for a few minutes?" Shaylynn asks.
"Sure," Beth says then looks at Severide, "I'll be right out."
Severide walks out the door as Beth walks up to Shaylynn's bed, "Is Mason still out there?" Shaylynn asks her.
"No, he left some time ago after Uncle Hank talked to him," Beth tells her.
Shaylynn rolls her eyes, 'Great!" I can imagine what Hank said to him! You better go, I'm sure Kelly is waiting for you around the corner."
"Alright," Beth tells her giving Shaylynn a hug.
Beth walks over to the door and walks out. Just as Shaylynn thought, Severide was around the corner because she could hear him say something to Beth as soon as she walked out.

~~~~~~~~

A few days have gone by.
Shaylynn's sitting in the NICU reading a book while the twins sleep when she feels someone standing beside her.
She looks up to see it's Mason, "Hi," he says in a quiet tone.
"Why are you here?" Shaylynn asks him.
"To see how you and the twins are," he tells her seeing that both of them are boys, "Did you name them yet?"
"Yes," she tells him, "Logan Marshall and Landon Mason."
Mason gets a huge smile on his face, "Why my name?" he asks her.
"Because you helped Beth with me that day. You could've just kept driving down the driveway and not stopped," Shaylynn tells him.
He crouches down beside the chair she's sitting in, "I couldn't of imagine doing that," he tells her as he looks around, "Where's your husband?"
"At work," she tells him.
Mason furrows his brow at her, "Why is he at work? He should be here with you!"
"Duty calls," she tells him looking over at the twins, "My boss called me, he said his boss told him to tell me my time off has been extended and not to worry about coming back any time soon. That I'm to take all the time I need."
Mason smiles as he stands back up, "If you need anything, make sure you call me!" he says handing her his card.
Shaylynn smiles at him, "Thanks, Mason!" she says, then Mason walks out of the NICU.
She looks at his card to see Mason's Alexander's boss.
Shaylynn stands up to head home for a little while to be with Jacquelyn.
Thankfully a new nanny was found just in time.

~~~~~~~

At a scene, Halstead can't keep his head on work. It keeps going to what might be happening at Med.
"Hey, you there?" Upton asks him.
"Yeah," Halstead says, "I'm just thinking about what could be happening at Med. Plus Shaylynn has been distant from me for over a month. Everything was going great until the last time she was at the District. After that, it seems she's somewhere else."
Upton runs her fingers through his hair, "Hey, I'm here for you! Whatever and I mean whatever you need I'll give it to you!"

Sitting in stopped traffic, Shaylynn can't figure out what's going on.
Traffic finally starts moving along when she sees there are police lights ahead.
Getting closer, she sees a car that is badly shot up.
Looking around more, she sees Upton running her fingers through Halstead's hair with a huge smile on her face.
Shaylynn glares over at her imagining a target on the back of Upton's head.

~~~~~~~

The character Beth belongs to Paulinemartin100

That will do me for awhile.  I'm getting to far ahead of Pauline and she's going to kill me!
Lol!