Chapter 19 "No Choice"

Driving to the District, Shaylynn tries calling Beth one more time knowing how she is hiding things.
Waiting to see if Beth will pick up, Shaylynn can't help but start laughing thinking about Beth in an orange jumpsuit.
Sitting at a light Shaylynn hears Beth, "Very funny!" she tells Shaylynn.
"Where's your pink screwdriver?" Shaylynn asks her.
"Jay took away my bag!" Beth tells her with Shaylynn laughing more.
"How haven't you been spotted by the camera seeing you have your phone ?" Shaylynn asks.
"I put my bra over it!" Beth says looking up at the camera that has her bra hanging on it, Shaylynn starts laughing even more, "Are you driving?"
"Yeah! Oh my God, Beth! You're crazy!" Shaylynn tells her turning on the street the District's on.
"Phone your Dad and tell him to let me out of here!" Beth tells her.
"I'm on my way to the District now. I need to speak to my Dad. Kelly told me you were in jail when I tried to call you. He's not happy with you!" Shaylynn tells her.
"I know! He's standing in front of me! He says the big butch women in the jail won't be able to keep their hand off me! I'm leaving the country! But not on a plane though!" Beth says.
"That's because you haven't got one!" Shaylynn tells her laughing
"Very funny! I'm phoning Geoff later to talk about that. I need a new one," Beth tells her as she looks at Severide.
"I'll see you when I get there!" Shaylynn tells her laughing then hangs up.

Walking up the steps into the District, Shaylynn sees Severide and Halstead standing in front of Trudy's desk.
Halstead looks and sees her, "Why are you here?" he asks her.
Shaylynn looks at him, "I was coming here to talk to talk to my Dad before I found out about Beth," she tells him then looks at Severide, "Is she getting out?"
"Hank went down to get her. He's not putting the paperwork through but don't tell Beth that!" Severide tells her.
"Okay, but you do know she'll do it again!" Shaylynn reminds him.
"Not in her new smart car she won't!" Severide tells her.
"Smart car?" Shaylynn asks laughing, "There's no chance in hell she'll drive a smart car!"
"She said she would if it was pink!" Severide tells her.
Shaylynn rolls her eyes, "Yeah, okay!"
A minute later Hank appears with Beth.
"You'll get a court letter sent to the house. Do not ignore it!" Hank tells her.
"I won't!" Beth tells him.
"Don't let me catch you again, Beth! I mean it!" Hank says.
"Beth!" Shaylynn says smiling at her as she looks around Hank.
"Hey!" Beth says looking around Hank at her.
"Here's your bag!" Trudy tells Beth handing it to her.
"You better not have looked in there!" Beth tells Trudy as Trudy smiles at her as she eats a caramel log.
"You took that from my bag! The only place you can get those is Scotland or my bakery!" Beth tells her.
Shaylynn starts laughing, "I was at Beth's Bakery this morning! Who's going to believe a criminal over a Sergeant?" Trudy asks her.
"Thief!" Beth tells Trudy, "Let's go to the zoo!" she says looking at Severide.
Beth puts her bag over her shoulder as Hank hands her, her keys back, "See ya later!" she tells Hank.
Before she walks away, Shaylynn pulls Beth to the side, "I need to talk to you, so I'll call you later."
"Okay, is everything alright?" Beth asks her.
"Yeah," Shaylynn says looking over to see Halstead walking out of the District and that Severide is ready to leave, "You better go!"
Beth walks over to Severide then they walk down the steps and out the doors.
"What can I do for you?" Hank asks Shaylynn.
She grabs his hand and pulls him over to the corner office. Once inside, she shuts the door.
"How could you put Jay undercover?! You know we were going to Belize in a couple of days!" she tells him.
"Because he's the one who made contact with the suspect that's why!" Hank tells her.
Shaylynn shakes her head, "At this rate Jay and I will never get married! And to put him undercover in a girl's juvenile detention center? What's wrong with you?! Kim should be the one going in!" she tells him.
"Not for this one! It needs to be a man getting close to the other male employees," Hank tells her.
Shaylynn turns away from him, just looking at him is pissing her off. Opening the door she walks out before she says something she'll regret.
"Shaylynn!" Hank says looking out the door to see her walking over to the steps to go outside.