oo1

"-and so class for your summer essay i would like it to be 3 pages long," everyone groaned at this and friends looked at each other rolling their eyes. "as i was saying, 3 pages, ariel font, and-". the bell had rung and jupiter miller was already out the door. she scrambled to her locker and shoved all her shit in her backpack. she made her way to the girls bathroom and once she got in there she was met with the crack head greta and her goons.

"you in there beaverly or do you have half of the boys in school in there too?! you little shit," she stated. jupiter stood frozen by the door not knowing what to do.

"well which is greta? am i a slut or a little shit?"

after saying this greta nodded at her friends. quickly thinking jupiter opened the door so it seemed like someone just had entered. she walked through and said, " oh hey greta would you mind signing my year book? it wouldn't be complete with out your signature!" she smiled and looked at greta who nodded her head and held out her hand for a pen and the book. when she was distracted jupiter lightly banged you foot on the stall door telling beverly to scram. and she did just that. jupiter snatched her book up from the girl and bolted with beverly.

"you sluts! i'll get you back miller! you too marsh!" greta screamed from the bathroom while the girls ran down the semi-empty hallway into the back entrance of the school.

"thanks so much jupiter, i don't know what i would've done with out you," beverly told the girl.

"course," she said back, "girls gotta help each other not bring us down."

"i completely agree. well i umm better get going, my dad will be wondering where i am."

"no worries. see you around beverly!"

"you can call me bev. we're friends now," both the girls smiled at this statement

"call me jay," she called out to her new friend. they both started to walk the other direction.

jay started walking home and remembered she brought her walkman. she pulled it out of her bag, placed the headphones on her ears, and hit play. she liked mostly classic rock and some pop, but not much. one thing was that she absolutely loves duran duran. that shit was her jam; and right on cue 'rio' started playing. she hummed along to the melody all the way home.

she reached her porch and took out her key to unlock the door.

POV switch 1st

"mom? dad? you guys home?" i looked around for my parents and then i saw my mom out in the garden with rosie, my little sister, playing and planting some flowers. i smiled seeing as i don't come home to this most days. my dad came down the stairs with an empty coffee cup.

"hey sweetheart, how was your day?" he asked heading to the kitchen.

"it was good, what about you."

"it was fine. nice being home for a change," he smiled at me and i returned it.

"so are we having a family movie night tonight or..." i asked, seeing as it was our favorite family tradition.

"no no, your mother arranged a dinner with the uris family."

"oh, alright. what time will they be over?"

"around 630" he said. i glanced at the microwave clock that read 416. nice i have a whole 2 hours to do whatever. "and sweetheart," he looked at me, this can't be good, " we're heading out tomorrow afternoon. i've got another board meeting."

"where," i deadpanned

"tokyo," he said plainly. "i'm sorry sweetheart."

"it's fine. not like you've been here less than a week and already leaving... oh wait you are! and let me guess mom is going too! what wonderful parents i have!" i exclaimed at my dad. he looked genuinely sorry, but i didn't care. my parents have been go on business trip all the time and are rarely here. my dad is the ceo of the company and my mom is the vice president of budgets. they own a big hotel business that is international which makes it so they have partners in japan, indonesia, australia, france, you name it. they decided to settle down in derry because my grandma was living here at the time and they knew if they wanted to start a family they would need some extra support. they had me and about 8 years later had my sister rose. my grandma watched us until about 2 years ago when she died a day before my birthday. it was awful not only because she died, but it meant i would have to start living with just rose at most times. it forced me to become an adult and be more responsible.