oo8

jay had gathered all her thing from the denbrough residence and her and stan started to bike home.

beverly went the other direction to give her friends a little space and because she lived away from stan and jupiter.

"so," stan said as they rode down the street.

"do you have your binoculars and stuff on you or should we go home and get them?" she asked the curly haired boy.

"um they're still at my house," he looked at her and saw their eyes meet.

"sorry," she blushed and looked forward. stan blushed and smiled to himself. maybe she does like me, he thought.

"it's fine," he said, "it hard to look away at someone who looks this good," he smirked and y/n just looked at him and rolled her eyes while. trying to hold back a smile. she failed.

"oh yeah uris?" she said looking at stan.

"yep!" he looked forward trying not smile.

jay and stan broke out into a fit of laughter. to him, her rich laugh filled the empty neighborhood and everything seemed to look a little brighter and alive. the her, it was music to her ears. she always loved his laughed and how contagious it was.

they turned on their street and smiled at each other. "i'm gonna go put my stuff away, meet me at the stop sign when you've got your things," she skated down to her house with the bag in her hand. stan watched as she unlocked the door and went inside.

he turned to his house and was met with the strong aroma of fresh baked pizza. his mother only made it on special occasions.

"stanley! i want you to invite jupiter over for the night!" his mother shouted from the kitchen.

"yes mom!" he ran upstairs and got his binoculars and bird book. he walked down to his mother and saw her tending to the pizza. "is it okay if i go to the park with jay until say 6:45?"

"sure stanny, but be home before curfew!" and with that he was out the door and back on his bike. jupiter was on her bike waiting at the stop sign. in the bikes basket was a notebook and a little bag of what looked like pencils and pens.

"ready uris?" she asked as her approach her.

"ready miller," he said and they rode down to the park.

jay and stan found a nice spot in the middle of the almost empty park.

once they settled down, jay laid on the grass. her left hip connecting with the earth as her right hip faced the clouds. stan sat crisscross and looked all over for birds while jupiter drew a pretty flower field from her mind.

"stan look!" she glanced up and saw a pretty blue and black bird. he looked in the direction jay was pointing. "i think it's a black-throated blue warbler," she said turning her head and getting up from her previous position to see the bird clearer.

stan looked at the girl as she spoke the sentence. she was right. "how-how'd you know that?" he asked her.

"oh i sketched one last week when i was here," she flipped her book to a page splattered with a detailed drawing of the blue warbler.

"that's amazing," he said looking at the drawing.

"here," she ripped it out of the book and handed it to stan, "have it."

she smiled at stanley and handed him the piece of paper. "really?"

"yeah totally," she stated, "i can always draw more."