o13

richie and jupiter woke up with sun beams hitting their faces.

richie grabbed his glasses from the table and put them on. he looked down a jupiter, who was sleeping peacefully on him. richie smiled lightly to himself.

jay stirred awake and yawned into him. she looked up and got up from her spot, allowing richie to get up as well.

she went into the kitchen and got some eggs, uncooked bacon, jam, and bread. she placed a frying pan on the stove as richie watched her. she placed oil in the pan and cracked two eggs, shortly after.

"you're good with sunny side up right?" jay turned to him as he nodded quickly. he couldn't recall the last time he had home made breakfast that wasn't just toast.

she put two pieces of bread into the toaster and went back to the eggs that were still cooking. sprinkling salt on the eggs she heard the beep of the machine cooking next to her.

she slipped in another two piece of bread as she beckoned richie over, "can you spread the jam and butter?"

"sure," he said grabbing a butter knife from the silverware drawer. richie spread the butter smoothly across the toasted bread. he did the same with the jam and eventually two more pieces found their way to richie and he did this again.

she got two plates out and put one sunny side up egg on each one along with 3 pieces of bacon each. richie put down the toast and they grabbed a plate and headed towards the front room.

she switched on the tv set and derry's local news started playing. "what the fuck," richie said. jay looked up and saw the channels changing quickly. she grabbed the remote and tried to turn it off but, it wouldn't budge.

finally halting to a stop a dark tape played. it was a tape showing richie and jay cuddling on the couch last night. both sleeping soundly as a flash of red hair and a white face came up behind them.

it watched them.

it was there.

it could've killed them.

jay grabbed richie and clinched his shirt in her hand. richie put her hand on top of her's and they both were shaking in fear.

they both heard pittering of foot step across the hardwood floor behind them. quickly turning they saw nothing but as they turned back around to face the tv, "boo."

jay and richie screaming as it laughed maniacally. they jumped off the couch and held each other's hands running towards the front door. it started crawling after them on all fours with it's head spinning around. giggles of children filled the air and as jay pulled on the door and they bolted slamming the door on it's face.

both the kids shaking and on the brink of tears. "hey we're okay," richie said hugging the girl tightly like she had done many times before.

"it w-was watching us, it was in m-m-my house," she said into his chest, "my house where i live. it could've killed us," her voice lowered as she said the last part and richie felt his shirt began to wet from her tears.

he rubbed her back and they stood on her porch as she put her arms around his waist. "why don't we head downtown and just screw around yeah?" she nodded her head and wiped her eyes roughly. "lets just be normal teenagers for once," and with that richie grabbed his bike and jay grabbed her skate board that was on the walk way and they rode down the street of her little neighborhood.

they arrived downtown and they went over to a little ice cream establishment that had opened not to long ago. jay reconized it from when she went to go visit her aunt. it had the same design as the one she had been to, bright red logo and light blue waves.