oo3

i skated home after agreeing with beverly to meet at the quarry at 130 ish. i started to hear something behind me and so i turned around to see stanley, "hey uris," i called our to him while waiting for him to catch up with me.

"oh uh hi," he shyly said while looking down.

"is the new kid okay?"i asked him.

"uh y-yeah."

"oh okay," an awkward silence fell on us.

"so are you planning on coming tomorrow?" i looked over at him and he immediately looked away, "to the uh quarry?"

"yeah i'm pretty sure i'll go. thanks for inviting me," i said dryly.

"oh uh s-sure."

"what wrong? did i do something? because i'm sorry if i did i just-"

"no no no!" i stopped skateboarding and looked right in his eyes. i could get lost in those things, no what am i saying! "you-you didn't do anything wrong jay."

"oh okay. good to know," i joked. he laughed a bit and i smiled. we got back on track and started to turn into our street. stan's house was two house away from my so we could see right into each other's bedrooms. not that it mattered. "see you tomorrow uris, night."

"night," he told me and we both smiled and headed to our houses.

i entered my house and saw my mom cooking something while my dad was at the kitchen counter writing something up for work no doubt. "hi mom, dad."

"hi sweetheart how was your day," my mother asked my while focusing on her spaghetti sauce.

"it was nice," i said plainly, "wait... what about the trip to tokyo?" i asked them quickly remembering last night.

"we canceled it. we figured it wouldn't be a good time to leave you guys alone," my dad interjected. "instead we are going to head to new york for 4 days tomorrow morning."

"oh. are we all going?"

"no just me and your mother," he said looking up at me, "why?"

"i-i think you should take rose with you," they both looked at me and furrowed their eyebrows. "i mean i won't always be home and i would have to take her everywhere and would if that creep comes back and i'm not there?"

"honey she has a point. we could ask the uris' if they could check in every now and then. it would be perfect," my mom convinced my dad.

"yeah yeah. alright. but are you sure you want to stay here by yourself?"

"like mom said the uris' are right across the street and it's only 4 days right?"

my dad nodded and my mother said, "we'll call you when dinners ready."

i rushes up to my room and mentally thanked myself for thinking of such a great idea. if that thing comes back i don't want it to get rose. it can get me and she'll be safe. i sighed and grabbed a towel and went to take a shower.

after dinner was called. it was good and after i went upstairs to my room. grabbing 'the great gatsby' and putting on a nightgown i was ready for bed. soon a wave of exhaustion overcame me and i put my book down and drifted of to sleep.

POV change 3rd

jay woke the 'rumours' album by fleetwood mac. she slowly got up and went downstairs. "morning honey, how did you sleep?" her mom asked as she entered the kitchen.

"it was good. what are you making?"

"eggs and toast," she said, "your father, rose, and i are leaving in a hour to go to new york," the kitchen clock read 917.