o14

richie and jay had blasting neon lights on their faces as they stood in front of the arcade games. richie chose street fighter, his go to game. while jay chose dragons lair, she held the high score for that game along with a couple of other ones in the little arcade.

"shit!" richie yelled as he just got hit hard by the other player. "fuck fuck fuck no!" he said louder and jay peaked over her shoulder to see what the hell richie was whining about. "haha take that shitface!" richie yelled at the screen as he was on the verge of k.o. and now he was beating the animated character.

jay focused hard on her game and finished swiftly, wanting to watch richie.

she walked up behind him and cheered him on as he was winning. she was interrupted by the one and only bill denbrough, "g-guys."

richie glared at him, "you see that guy, i'm pretending it's you."

jupiter rolled her eyes and bill spoke again. "it got her."

jay froze in terror. she hadn't stopped thinking about that damn clown all summer and it was driving her insane but, hearing what just came out of bill's mouth was a game changer. "what did you say?" she said looking into the boy's crystal eyes, "it's got who?"

"it has b-b-beverly."

memories of this summer rushed into the miller girls head. she remembered the sleepover bev and her had not just three days ago. they had sat around jupiter's bed laughing and talking and sobbing over a sad romantic movie that they watched up in room. they painted each other's nails, bev's being a light pink that looked the same color as her nail bed and jay's being black with a coating of white sparkles. beverly said it was like the night sky was on her fingers.

jupiter grabbed richie and the three losers went out of the arcade and got on their bikes.

"what about the others?" jay asked the light brown haired boy.

"i already went to stan," he said while peddling down the street. "he's getting eddie and ben now and i figured we could get mike," the girl nodded at his plan and richie silently agreed with him, not wanting bill to have the satisfaction of being right.

they pulled onto mike's grandpa's farm and they saw him and his grandfather out in the field working. they waited a bit and eventually mike's grandpa went inside.

"mike!" jupiter said drawing the young boy's attention to jay and the boys behind her. he quickly walked over and hugged jay as she did the same to him.

"what is it?" he said to them, "what do you guys want?"

"it's b-beverly. it has beverly," bill spoke.

mike rushed back into the farm house and grabbed his bike and a gun. "let's go."

"stan," jay said as she saw the boy approach neibolt with eddie and ben close behind.

the curly haired boy got off his bike and popped his kick stand up. he met eye contact with jupiter and they immediately embraced and she kissed his soft cheek. he blushed at the action and wrapped his hand around her waist even tighter, he wouldn't let go.

ever.

all of the losers club minus bev stood in front of the neibolt house. it's black, splintered walls chipping away slowly and wooded planks boarded the windows. yellow sunflowers sprouted in the yard that had sickly, dead, dry grass in the soil.

they all started walking towards the house and jupiter turned to hold stan's hand but, she found he was still at the gate with wide eyes. "stan come on we need you," she said catching the attention of the other losers. he looked her in the eyes and she saw a broken boy. the other losers jumped in and bill said something to him and finally after jay walked over to him and grabbed his hand, he willingly followed them into the house.