oo2

1st POV

the uris' left around 9:45 to there house across the street. i told my parents that i was going to bed and headed up to my room.

i picked out a pair of grey sleeping short with a pink sleeping shirt. i had took my dress and bra off and pulled over my pajamas. i grabbed 'the martian chronicles' by ray bradbury and tucked into bed. i read about 2 short stories and passed out. my dad and mom came in to tell me goodnight, but instead placed my bookmark into my place and kissed my forehead.

"i don't want to go! no stop!" i woke up to rose screaming and quickly rushed over to her room where i was met with a freaky ass clown and my screaming sister. "jay jay!! help me sissy!" i ran over to her and grabbed her out of her bed away from it.

"you could float too y/n. just come with me!" the thing said to me.

"what the fuck? mom dad help!!" i screamed holding a shaking rosie. "hello someone please help!!" it started moving closer to us and rose sobbed more violently. i looked over at the door and apparentlys it saw.

"no way out no way out for you! float with us! rosie posie don't you want to see georgie again?" she didn't respond and just started sobbing more at the sound of her best friends name. at this point i was starting to shed some tears too. "closer, closer, closer... and gone!!"

our parents rushed into the room seeing rosie and i sobbing in the corner on her bed, an open window and closet. my mom embraced us in the most motherly hug ever. i sobbed more and more. "jonathan, honey go call the police and tell them to come over." my dad rushed down stairs to dial our trusty law enforcement.

the lights flooded our neighborhood. we could hear about 2 or 3 cars slam their doors shut. our mom got up, but my sister and i didn't move. "honey get up," she said. we didn't respond and just stayed where we were. 4 or 5 officers entered the room and saw our mom with sadness in her eyes and fear in ours. 1 officer came over and sat down on the bed.

"hey it's okay," she told us, "they're gone and we can protect you." like you've been protecting all those other kids, i thought. but i had to be strong for rosie. i slowly got up but i never let go of rosie. "honey you can let go of her," they said.

"no," i couldn't let her go. she was digging into my back and i could feel her chin deeply set in my collarbone. it hurt but not as much as letting go. they told me to head downstairs to be questioned. i trudged down to some new police officers and i look out the window and see the whole block looking in at our house while cops try to tell them what's happening.

i sat in a chair in my dining room across from me was the chief of police and a deputy. "so," the deputy started, "what exactly happened." so i told them about me hearing rosie scream and how it was reaching towards us.

"-and then it s-said," i started to sniffle and cry at what i was saying.

"what did it say jupiter."

"it said-d 'don't you w-w-want to s-s-s-see g-geor-or-or-gie?'" at that point i was full on sobbing reck. rosie began sobbing as well making my shirt wet again.

"hey it's alright jupiter we're here to help anyway we can. what can we do?"

"just leave us alone for a m-minute p-p-please," i stiffened and shook at the same time. the officers left and rosie looked at me. " hi little queen. are you feeling better?" i ask her

"a little," she whimpers out, "thank you sissy. i love you so much thank you for saving me from it." a tear streaked down my cheek and i smile at her.

"anything for you little queen," she went back to laying in the crook of my neck. i could hear her breathing and the bustling of the people inside our house. i focused on rosie's breathing again and matched it. soon it began getting harder to keep my eyelids up so i just gave up.