o1o

the kids rode there bikes down to neibolt, bill peddling fast and hard with jay right beside's him.

bill and jupiter pulling in front of neibolt house and they dropped their bikes onto the road, both started to walk towards the door. he started mutting something that jay wasn't focasing on. all her attention was drawn to the house with bolted windows and rotten wood walls."t-thank you," he said to jay.

she nodded, knowing if rosie ever went missing she would want someone to do the same for her.

with the metal pipe clutched in her hand and bill with his hands forming into tight fists. "bill!" beverly was heard and the two kids stopped on the stairs. "jay!" she said once again, stanley riding in front of her and he rushed to get off his bike, as did the other losers.

"jupiter wait," stan push through the metal gate. the rest of jay's friends surrounded the house as they made their way through the rusty gate and into a yard with dead grass and bright sunflowers.

"you can't go in there!" a worried bev said. she watched as her friends were willing to go into their, what seemed like, inevitable dooms. "this is crazy!"

"look you don't have to come in with us," he glanced at jay who was nodding, "but what happens when another georgie goes missing, or another betty or another ed corcoran or one of us! are you just gonna pretend it doesn't happen like everyone else in this town! because i can't," he pointed to himself. jay and the rest of the losers were captivated on what he would say next. "i go home and all i see is that georgie isn't there. his clothes, his toys, his stupid stuffed animals, but he isn't." he put on a brave face, "so walking into this house, for me, it's easier than walking into my own."

he turned around to see jupiter giving him a light smile as they walked up to the steps, "wow."

"what?"

"he didn't stutter once," richie looked at his friends, who were ready to face their worst nightmares. richie followed and went to climb up the stairs.

"wait!" stan said from behind them. jupiter turned around to the boy and looked at him, "um," his hands rested awkwardly at his sides, a habit that jupiter noticed would happen when ever he was feeling overwhelmed. "shouldn't we have some people keep watch?" he looked around.

bill turned the doorknob anxiously.

"you know just-just in case something bad happens?" he questioned once again.

"w-who wants to stay out here?" bill asked. everyone except himself, bev, and jay, raised their hands in the sky.

the losers looked around to see this, "fuck," richie spoke, knowing that they would have to come to a solution.

"straws," jay said from the side of bill. "we could draw straws," the losers looked at her and eventually agreed.

bill picked up seven pieces of stray, dead grass and made it so you couldn't see the length. "okay everyone just pull one," he went loser by loser.

mike pulled out a fairly long piece, as did bev. they both looked at each other feeling relief. but neither wanting to admit it.

jay was next and she pulled out a two inch piece of grass and smiled. she wanted to go and support her friends, and in her mind waiting out here was more nerve racking than being inside.

ben pulled out a piece longer than everyone's and held it close to his chest.

richie grabbed a straw a bit longer than jay's and cussed under his breath, eddie pulled a shorter piece than both of their's and took a quick puff of his inhaler. finally stan pulled a long straw and sighed, then realizing that jay would have to go in and he would have to wait out here.