//Deep Inhale//

Inside of the Fairy Tail Guild, you were staring at the lower request board. You were taking a small break from the S-class requests. You weren't exactly in need of money.

"Yo, Y/n!" Natsu called to you. You turned back and waved at him.

"What's up?" You replied as he stood next to you.

"You aren't doing your normal S-class mission, huh?" He looked at the board with Happy by his side.

"Nah," you said, "It takes a long time. Not to mention I'm not exactly in need of money right now."

"Hey." Happy tapped your leg. "Could you do a mission and give us the reward?"

"Get the fuck away from me and do the work yourself, dumbass cat."

"Aye, sir..."

"You're getting on my nerves, Romeo." You heard Makarov say. You turned your gaze and saw the little boy, Romeo, standing in front of the Fairy Tail master. "If you're a wizard's son, have faith in your father and wait at home quietly!"
You let out a quiet sigh and shifted your weight.

"He said he'd be back in three days, but he's been gone a week now!" Romeo argued. Your brow twitched.

'It's been that long?' You thought.

"If I recall, it was a job on Mt. Hakobe..." Makarov spoke quietly, but you still heard it.

"That isn't that far away! Go look for him!" Romeo exclaimed.

"Your old man's a wizard!" Makarov exclaimed back, "There's no wizard in this guild who can't take care of himself! Go home and have some milk or something!"

"Master." You walked away from the board and over to the bar, arms crossing. Romeo looked at you and quickly backed up. Makarov also stared at you.

"Now, now... calm down," you said, stepping next to the child. "The kid's just worried. Nothing to get riled up over." You placed your hand on Romeo's shoulder and smiled down at him. With a quick gasp from him, you stepped away and began to walk out of the guild. Footsteps behind you signaled Natsu was following you. You turned your head to see his bags in hand. A small smile graced your lips.

"Heh," you laughed quietly, "Of course."

~
The next day, you were riding in a carriage to Mt. Hakobe along with Natsu, Happy, and...

"Why are you here?" He asked pointedly to the blonde sitting across from you.

"What's the big deal?" Lucy retorted.

"You never said anything about coming," you explained, crossing your arms. "You just showed up."

"I can't help that. You two were about to leave... besides..." Her eyes traveled over to Natsu who was draped over your lap, sick. "You and vehicles don't mix at all, huh? Oh, I feel bad for you in so many ways..."
You laughed and punched your fist into his back. He spluttered out in shock.

"Don't worry about him!" You said, "He's fine. He'll get over it soon enough."

"I... I don't think doing that will help..." Lucy said nervously.

"It keeps him in the loop and helps relax him... isn't that RIGHT?" You slammed your fist into him again.

"Y-yes..." He strained out. You smiled at Lucy and she smiled back, albeit more wary. The carriage you were in suddenly jerked to a stop. You looked around before pushing him off your lap. He fell on top of Happy and they both cried out in pain.

"What's going on?" You asked, standing up.

"IT STOPPED!!!!!!!" Natsu exclaimed, reviving and stomping around on the seat, fire spewing from his mouth.