//Deep Exhale//

"Girl! Girl! Girl! Girl!"
You two both heard the Vulcan chant. Lucy removed the blanket from her shoulders, but you put your arm out to stop her.

"Let me handle this," you said, "Close your eyes."

"Huh? Why do I need to close my eyes?" She asked. You smiled at her.

"Please, just do it."
With a slow nod, her eyes closed. You looked at the Vulcan and began to walk towards it, closing your (side) eye.

"I'll end this quickly."
You reopened it, revealing a small magic circle beneath.

"Third Circle: Darkness Claw!" A blue magic circle appeared below the Vulcan. Twisting tentacles of darkness appeared and encased it. A black light slowly expanded into a ball before shrinking into the Vulcan and imploding. It flew back across the cavern and crashed into a thick wall of ice.

"Nice one, Y/n!"

"WHEN DID YOU GET HERE!?!?!!?"
You turned back. "Lucy, open your eyes."
She followed your order and looked up. A gasp left her.

"A-amazing..." She breathed.

"Did you use your magic, Y/n?" Natsu asked as both of you walked towards the Vulcan.

"Yeah," you replied.

"AWWW DAMMIT!!! I KNEW I SHOULD'VE GOTTEN HERE SOONER!!!!!"

"Why is he so upset?" Lucy caught up with you guys.

"Because no one in Fairy Tail knows what Y/n's magic is. Except for the Master," Happy replied.

"Really!?"

"Aye!"
The three of you gathered around the Vulcan and stared at it.

"You did it!" Happy exclaimed.

"Wasn't this ape supposed to tell us where Macao is?" Lucy asked nervously.

"Oh, I forgot," you said, rubbing the back of your head.

"He's completely knocked out..."
A bright light emitted from the Vulcan's body. Lucy yelped and grabbed you in alarm. A magic circle appeared before shrinking and sending out more blasts of light and wind. You covered your face with your arm but never took your eyes off of the Vulcan.

"Wh-what the...?!" Natsu gasped. Your eyes also widened. In place of the ape was the man you were looking for.

"Macao!" You exclaimed.

"What?! He was that perverted ape?!" Lucy shrieked.

"The Vulcan must've done a Take Over on him," Happy explained.

"Take Over?" Lucy repeated questioningly.

"It's a body possession spell," you explained further, "Vulcans are monsters that survive by stealing people's bodies and taking them over."

~
Soon after, Natsu pulled out his backpack and you tended to Macao's wounds. The blanket he brought was laid below him.

"It looks like he put up an intense fight before he was taken over," Happy said.

"Macao! Don't you dare die!" Natsu yelled, leaning over him. "Romeo is waiting for you! Open your eyes!" You pushed him back.

"He's not dying, Natsu," you explained, "Just unconscious. Calm down." He relaxed behind your arm. You kept your eyes on Macao, and when you saw his eyes twitch, you leaned forward slightly.

"Natsu..." He muttered.

"Macao!" He exclaimed, a bright smile coming to his face. A small smile also came to your face.