//Swoosh//

Without hesitation, you flew over Everlue's head and kicked your feet into the brothers heads. They flew back into the wall. You ran towards them, but they ran too. You avoided the large frying pan and grabbed the long handle. You jumped into a handstand and spun around, kicking him in the face.
The younger one ran to you and aimed multiple kicks at your head.
You dodged each one and unleashed a magic pulse. He was blown back through the wall. The older one swung the frying pan at you from behind, but you dodged under it and grabbed it.
You swung it around yourself before letting it go and sending him flying through the wall as well.
You walked through the wall calmly, not even out of breath.

"Is that the best you've got, mercenaries?" You asked with a slight smirk.

"She's mocking us, brother!" The younger one said.

"Calm down," the older one soothed.

"Y/n!"
You turned to see Natsu running to you.

"Where's Lucy and Happy?" You asked, noticing them gone.

"She asked us to buy her time. Says something about a secret with the book," he replied, coming to your side.

"What about Everlue?"

"Went after her."

"AND YOU DIDNT GO AFTER HER?!?!" You yelled. Natsu shrieked and covered his head.

"Sh-she told me to help you!" He quickly exclaimed. You sighed and calmed down, turning around to face the brothers.
They were now standing up, facing them.

"Brother! The combination technique!" The younger one said.

"Okay!"

'Combination?'

"Natsu, get ready," you warned. The both of you got into a fighting stance. He held out the frying pan and the younger one jumped into it.

"Heaven and Hell Annihilation Technique!" The two of them said.

"Bring it on!" Natsu exclaimed. Your eyes narrowed.
The younger one flew from the pan at incredible speeds. You were able to follow him with your eyes.

"Face the heavens... and I'll be on the earth!" The older one appeared in front of Natsu. In the split second, you appeared in front of him and pushed Natsu out of the way. The frying pan was swung and the balcony above was obliterated from the force.

"Face the earth... and I'll be in the heavens!" The younger one appeared behind you. You quickly shielded Natsu and blocked the attack.
You crossed your arms and allowed yourself to be pressed down from his leg. A quick look of shock flashed across his face before he retreated behind his brother. Dust and debris from the floor collapsing beneath you blinded you.

"This is the Vanish Brothers' combination attack, the Heaven and Earth Annihilation Technique," the younger one said, "No one has ever survived this attack."

"Sorry, I couldn't hear you," you said, clearing away the dust. "No one's survived what now?"

"No way!" The two exclaimed, eyes popping out of their sockets.

"Are you okay? You took the brunt of the attacks," Natsu asked. You nodded.

"These guys are nothing compared to some of the people I've fought." You brushed off your shoulders. You smiled at him. His cheeks tinted pink. "You take the smaller one I take the bigger one?"
He smirked.

"You bet!"
As he was getting ready for his Dragon's Roar, you ran over to the younger one faster than he could react. Quickly closing and opening your eye, a small magic circle appeared.

"Wh-what?!" He gasped.

"Blood Crush!" A red magic circle appeared in front of his abdomen. His skin turned sheer white immediately, face straining in pain before he collapsed to the floor, dead. You turned around to see Natsu's flames swirling around in the pan. The pan absorbed the flames and he spun it around before sending the flames back to him.
You just stared on and smirked. The flames around him swirled before being sucked into his body.
The older brother shrieked.

"Impossible!!!"
You let out a laugh and jumped away.

'This should be interesting.' You thought. You watched in amusement as he used his Fire Dragon Wing Attack. You shielded your face from the roaring flames.
The windows blew out and smoke wafted up into the air and ceiling. It didn't bother you, though.

"Whoops... I went a little overboard," he said. You walked up to him and swung your arm over his shoulders.

"Nah. You were perfect," you assured, "Well, we better find Lucy and help her."
You walked away from him to inspect the damage before turning back around.

"Where do you think she—... eh?" You blinked. "Natsu? Hello? Where did you go? NAAAATTTSSSSUUUUUUU!!!!!!"

~
You were able to track down their magic presence down into the sewers below the mansion. By the time you got down there, Virgo and Everlue were subdued by both of them.

"Are you two alright?" You called to them.

"Oh, Y/n!" Lucy smiled. "Yeah, we're fine." The sewer began to rumble and tremble around you. Looking closer, you only noticed the amount of damage it took.

"Let's go!" You booked it out of there and above ground. The others weren't that far behind you. You watched as the Everlue Mansion slowly sank into the ground, collapsing underneath itself.

"You really went all out, Lucy! You're a Fairy Tail wizard for sure!" Natsu said happily.

"Aye! But we ended up destroying more stuff..." Happy added.

"Th-this is my fault?"
You shrugged and placed your hands behind your head.

"Who cares? This is only expected of Fairy Tail."

~
The four of you were back at Kaby's mansion. The book wasn't destroyed. Lucy explained to you that there was a secret to it.

"This book has such terrible structure and style that I had a hard time believing Kemu Zaleon wrote it," Lucy said to him.

"So?" Natsu inquired.

"That's what made me suspect there was a secret to it." She held out the book to him.

"What is the meaning of this? I asked you to destroy this book." He took it from her, holding it away from him.

"It would be easy to destroy. Even you could do it, Kaby," Lucy replied. You looked into the camera.

"Why am I here?"

"Huh? Who're you talking to?"

To be continued—

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}