~14~

"He has my permission from now on unless I say otherwise. Without his gift, I would literally drown." Naida rolled her eyes and smirked at Lionfish, finding his jealousy kina cute. She turned and gave Ray a sharp look. "But you can only kiss me when I need it, this isn't something you can just do when you feel like it."

Ray furrowed his brow a little but nodded with understanding.

"What about me though? Don't I get to kiss you?" He pouted.

"The only purpose of the kiss is to deliver his gift, there's no emotion behind it." She replied matter of factly and Ray's face fell a little, but she took no notice. She turned her attention to Mako, who was attempting to pet a reclusive eel. "Mako, if your powers are control over my emotions, where would you touch to distribute them? My head?" She asked. Mako left the eel and swam closer to her.

"Well, for one, I can heavily influence emotions, not control them. And since emotions aren't really a part of your body, I can just bend them to my will without physical contact. Trust me, I won't use my gift on you... anymore." He explained calmly but muttered the last part.

"What was that?" Naida hummed.

"N-nothing!" Mako burst and returned to the eel's cave. He attempted to pet it again, but it snapped at his hand and retreated to the very back of its den. Mako gave up and swam to Ray's side.

"I'm pretty sure someone said that not passing on your gift after a while can drive you mad? What happens if I never give you permission?" Naida asked worriedly.

Mako raised his hand. "I said something like that. I don't know where you got the going mad part, but before I said that if we hold back our powers for too long, then the desire to give them only becomes stronger. Before we met you, it wasn't a problem, we would just send you different gifts, but the moment we were in your presence, the urge to give you your physical gifts was overwhelming. Yes, it was straining and frustrating, but me and Krait held back. Our powers are violating and unnecessary, and we knew we couldn't use them without your permission." Mako shook his head and put a hand across his body and gently grabbed the other arm.

"So, if the desire builds up too much?" She asked weakly, the color draining from her cheeks.