Ep. 4

I'm a day walker I learned. The sun's rays doesn't effect me like other vampires. I wonder why that is? I wonder why a lot of things are the way they are where I'm concerned. Julian told me I can access people's memories by simply drinking their blood. He seemed disturbed by the notion.

I trudge into my queen Anne cottage at 4 a.m. The cottage/ doll house was a gift from my grandmother after she passed. Vanessa Duhayle also left me five million dollars in inheritance which I'm living off of right now. My job replaced me after I "died".

My memories about that night are still adrift-

I smell the gun and a man before my door is kicked in. I don't react like a woman who lives all alone normally would. Cause seriously who would break into the home of a vamp but then again they must think I'm asleep and vulnerable.

I lean against the rail of the stairs. The man's eyes widen in surprise. "T-they..." he stops then clears his throat. "They said you'd be sleep." I notice there is more base in his voice.

"Yeah, about that..."

We just stare at each other for a beat. Then he points a thumb behind himself. "I guess... Yeah... I'm just gonna go..." he backs out the door slowly. "Sorry about the door." I put on a burst of speed going after the man. At the blink of an eye we're nose to nose. His scent tells me he's all human.

"Who sent you?"

The guy puts his hands up. "Hey, don't bite the messenger."

"And why shouldn't I? You came here to off me in my sleep."

"Well that was before I knew yo' ass wasn't sleep."

"It would seem your employer(s) employed an idiot."

"I'll take the insults over getting my ass killt or bit any day."

"Oh, I AM going to bite you since you won't give me answers willingly." He cringes. "You know I could make it good for you even though I shouldn't." I hope that's a good persuader.

He rubs his beard and for the first time I notice just how good looking he is. Bald, muscled, tatted, with peerless blue eyes. He turns his head to the side. "Alright, do it quick."

I lick my lips. Ever since I had a taste of Julian all I could think about is blood. Human blood. It took everything within me not to hunt. I nip his neck just enough to draw blood...

"Prince," a condescending voice calls me.

This arrogant piece of shit here...

"The tribunal requires your services."

Fuck. I was a hitman who offed humans. Note the WAS in that sentence. I don't recall how that changed. "I'm busy."

The voice gives a knowing laugh, piercing through the darkness of my apartment. "Her name is Sofia Duhayle. Get rid of her."

Were back in my little cottage. Prince is smiling at me. "It looks as if you could use a friend." He's not the brightest bulb but he'll do...