Ep. 5

"So..." Prince starts, chowing down on a chicken wing he found in my fridge. He licks his greasy fingers kicking his combat boot clad feet up on my beautiful dining table. That dining table was granny's favorite. "Sun rays don't bother you?"

"Prince, if you dont put your foot down..." I growl. Before I finish my sentence his feet is flat on the ground. "That's better and no it doesn't."

He strokes his beard looking thoughtful. "Can I shoot you then?" When I give him a bitch are you dumb look, he places his hands up. "What? I'm a man who requires proof... you know the tribunal fears you."

"Why and who is the tribunal?"

"A league of ancient bitchy dust farts. They're upset because of who sired you-

"I don't know who sired me?" It's not my fault I was made.

He takes in my confused look. "Shit how young are you and what exactly do you know?" Apparently not a damn thing and I tell him so.

"Good. It's probably for the best. You should probably get protection. They're going to continue to try and kill you." He places his hand up to stop any further questions on the matter. "They just used me to cover their tracks. Like our human United States Congress there are checks and balances. No paranormal can do what they want. There are laws even the tribunal has to abide by."

I raise a brow. So he's resourceful. "How would you kill a vampire so I'd know what to look for?" I thought we were practically indestructible.

"Not with a stake to the heart, honey. You'd be very disappointed and not to mention dead." He pulls a bullet out of his shotgun. It's not a regular bullet at all. It glows a bluish hue. "UV rounds but now that I know you're a daywalker that wouldn't have worked."

"Why are you changing loyalties all of a sudden?"

He gives me a don't be ridiculous look and says, "Smart men like me know when a rising power is on the horizon besides I was never loyal to the tribunal. My loyalties lie with my kind, humans. And I think you're the one who's going to save us. There's a war coming," he informs me.

Save who?

Homeboy be trippin'.

I'm barely surviving on my own without a mentor. "Ooh, is that apple pie?" He's in my fridge again.

I gaze at him sideways. "How do you maintain that physique eating all that junk food?"

He flexes. "I'll shit it all out later and then work on my cardio."