Ep. 10

"Ah. Gina the dragon," Julian greets the beautiful and tall blond woman heading the group. "I thought you were your own woman. Guess not."

"Stay out of this fairy! I'm not here only on orders from the tribunal but the entire paranormal high council."

"What?" We all say, simultaneously.

Gina points in my direction. "Your sire has killed the entire tribunal of vampires. An emergency meeting was held to elect a new one."

"What does that have to do with me?"

"He has claimed you as his consort, therefore you must appear before the council to defend your mate's actions or he will be hunted by the entire paranormal world. The savagery in which he killed his own brethren cannot be tolerated."

"Huh...?"

"Are you out of your mind?! She wasn't educated in our world. She doesn't know anything about the laws. The one who was supposed to teach her these things abandoned her. You're asking her to do the impossible." Julian is fucking right! I don't know anything.

Gina shrugs. It's a fluid motion. "That's not for me to decide. I'm only here to apprehend her. She will have to defend her position before the council."

If I had this fool's number I could hit 'em up and ask why he is making my life so difficult. All I wanted was to spend my life in peace.

Fuck I should have let Tank claim me, then I wouldn't be in this position. These two punks have done nothing for me. Neither has my sire and I'm supposed to defend his punk ass. Fuck that.

It was time to stop being passive and start getting mad. I've got fairy blood in my system, a real fight enhancer I bet. Julian isn't so useless after all.

Its seven of them and three of us. "I'm not going anywhere so fuck you, fuck the council, and definitely fuck my sire..."

Julian smiles. "We should probably tell you. She's a daywalker."

I use their shock at my discretion blurring out of sight before moving in on the group. I disarm them bending their guns. I hear shouting but it's too late. I've gained the upper hand. "Did the council really think it would be that easy?" I whisper at Gina's ear. My arm is wrapped around her throat like a vice.

"Hands off bitch!" She spits, trying to dislodge me. In the next instant I feel heat something like a furnace hot at my back. I only have a second to react before I become a charred vamp kabob. I spin, putting Gina in the line of fire. Literally. Nothing happens.

Either this bitch is flame retardant or... right she's a dragon. Their scent smells of brimstone and flowers which indicates their female of course.

From the corner of my eye I see Julian engaging three of the women and...

What the fuck?

You don't bring a sword to a fight where your assailants have guns is what I would say except he's kicking serious ass right now. No really the dude is on fire. He slashes, thrusts, and then dodges. All three fall to the floor in unison.

"Gina," he says, "She's not going anywhere. You let the councilmen know."

"You'll regret this!" She spits then disappears. Literally, here one second then gone the next. She takes the rest of the Spice Girls with her.

"That was a cool trick."

"I did that."

What the... are you kidding me right now. "Why didn't you do that earlier?It would of saved us a lot of- wait where is Prince.?"

Julian backs me up against the wall caging me in, "I made him disappear to save his life in case everything went south-

"I call bullshit on that."

"Alright. I got rid of him so we could be alone. Now show me to your room so I could put my bags up and we could get more aquainted." I'm only letting him stay cause he helped me.

"I've got conditions. You bring Prince back and then you have to stay in the guess room."

"Fine," Julian concedes.

It's in the middle of night. The moon hangs low as I hit the gas taking the bike faster across the asphalt.

I had to make the call. I just had too.

Tank is standing next to his Viper in all his Alpha and sexy magnificence. A magnetic smile is plastered across his face. He stands there with a leg crossed over the other, arms crossed, looking confident as ever. And why wouldn't he? He's got me right? Wrong.

No one ever has a vampire. We're not monogamous creatures. We're just not wired that way but I do enjoy playing these males like a fiddle. They make it too easy.

"I knew you'd be mine," he tells me.

To be continued...