Ep. 9

The tribunal gathered around the stone table for their emergency meeting. "What should we do now?"

"Viktor had already sent someone to deal with this Sofia Duhayle."

"The human," one spits with contempt. "What a waist. You were better off sending one of those older humans in diapers to do the job."

They all laugh.

"Oh for the love of-

"God," a deep strangely accented and powerful voice finished. A hush fell over the table. No one dared to speak. "Have you not forgotten? We are the damned." HE entered the room. The oldest most powerful most ancient being. The one who saw Christ and witnessed his crucifixion. The one who saw and fought countless wars. The being who has recounted the rise and fall of many civilizations.

The one named...

Well...

You know his name.

The tribunal stood to acknowledge his presence.

"My children," HE addressed the table of conspirators. You have been very naughty." He tsk. "You dare try and murder your own sister. She is my chosen. Your queen."

"But my liege you have broken-

"SILENCE!" The ground beneath their feet trembled at the formidable command."Yes, I have broken the law, blah, blah, blah. Anyone in this room want to carry out my punishment...?" HE smirks, showing fangs. "Bring. It. On." His great black wings expanded the breath of the room. No one dared to make a move.

"You wanna fight tinkerbell-

"If you two don't stop fighting I'm leaving to go live with Tank!" That got their attention. They've been bickering all morning OVER ME and if Vampires can get headaches I'd definitely have a migraine by now.

"Both of you want to help me?"

They both nod.

"Okay well let's put our heads together and figure out who sired me. Like Tank said they must have been really desperate to break the sacred law."

"Honestly, Sofia... it's best if you don't know who sired you," Julian says, leaning against the wall examining perfect cuticles. His dark eyes are swirling with grey. Kind of reminding me of a pool of melted metal.

My eyes narrow. "And why not?"

"It will start a war. I'm most certain of that." I pace back and forth. Can I take his word for it? Deception isn't in his scent. Really all I could smell is his immense desire for me. Maybe this is something I have to pursue on my own.

"I have abilities other vamps don't. Like walking in the sun and being able to access memories through feeding off a host. What is that about?"

Both Prince and Julian give each other a look and shrug. Then I smell it. They're hiding something... I guess they wanted to do things the hard way.

"Julian...? Prince...?" I amp up the glamour.

"You can't glamour me?" Julian says. "It only works on humans." Prince on the other hand stood there stock still with a dreamy look upon his face. Clearly, deep in the throws of glamour.

Julian moves closer. Something is very different about his nearness. Its doing something to me, working as an aphrodisiac.

That problem I was telling you guys about... the one with blood. Yeah... both Tank's and Prince's blood taste like cardboard. I wanted to spit it out. I knew instantly that wasn't a normal reaction. I think I screwed myself when I drunk fairy blood. No wonder vamps hunted them to nearly extinction. We were once all fairy blood addicts.

"When was the last time you fed?" His voice was thick and smooth like honey. And I began to wonder who was really glamouring who. Out of nowhere a wicked looking knife appears in his hand.

"That's a nice trick. Where'd you learn it?"

"I can make anything possible, Sofia. All you have to do is just wish and I'll make it so."

"Mmhmm. I wish for you to get the hell out of my- mmm..."

Before I finish my statement, Julian cuts the vein in his wrist and before my brain can process what's happening my instincts have taken over. My fangs sink into his fairy perfect flesh. The taste explode on my tongue like starburst.

Who the hell is that moaning?

Oh, its me.

"So good," I say between sips.

"That's enough, Sofia. You're going to make me weak." I feel a gentle tug on my hair at the base of nape.

I stop and lick my lips not wasting a drop.

The glamour wore off and Prince looks pissed to no end. "If you were hungry," he begins tightly. "I could have fed you my blood-

"This is exactly why you are so wrong for her. You are oblivious to her needs. What the fuck were thinking making her human food?"

"Its the thought that counts, Tinkerbell."

Julian places his hand up, "Oh, please. That's not good enough. She's better off with me. You can't even protect her. You're a human-

"I'd die for her."

"Yeah and when you're dead. She'll be all mi-

Julian didn't get to finish that sentence cause Prince lunged for him.

One big paw wraps around Julian thick neck. He laughs as Prince bashes his face in with a fist.

"Come on, bitch. Is that all you got?"

"Alright enough-

"Don't stop on our account." The intruders enter my foyer fanning out in the shape of a v. They're hard lethal women dressed in all black with UV ammo strapped to their person. Machine guns in hand. "Sofia Duhayle, you're under arrest. We've got strict orders from the tribunal to bring you in. Dead or Alive. Your choice."

"I'm already dead, bitch."

To be continued...