Ep. 14

I rush forward putting on a burst of speed. "SOPHIA STOP," my father thunders. There's magic in his voice. He's using alpha command. Too bad it doesn't overpower the sire bond. But I feel something strange rising within my being. I feel it tingling at the base of my spine rising, rising... it's warmth. Like another part of me has come alive. I know this feeling. I felt it before.

Instead of suppressing it I welcome it. "Its her wolf," I hear Tank exclaim. The sire bond feels just like a whisper or a secondary voice in the back of my mind but I know better than to show it. I keep rushing forward pretending to attack everyone.

"Sophia, baby girl. I don't want to hurt you!" My dad warns me.

"This should be good," Drac says.

"Sorry, boo," Prince says then loads my chest up with UV rounds. My wolf perks her head up with interest at Prince even though he just shot us. Even tho I just met her. "You still my girl," I hear Prince shout as I fall. It feels like I'm falling in slow motion. Wait. Why haven't I hit the floor yet? I realize I'm back in Drac's arms and he's flying all the while holding me. Damm he's fast.

"Don't worry my beloved. You won't die but I will make him pay for that..." that's the last thing I hear before I drift out of consciousness.

"Mommy! Mommy! Wake up! Its mother's day!" I wake in a dream. I think. My eyes lay on the most beautiful boy I'd ever seen. Eyes dark and sparkling with mischief. Curly dark ringlets bounces around his forehead. The child has the brightest smile that lights my world like a thousand suns. I'm in love.

I think he's my mine. "What's your name?"

The boy giggles. "Don't be silly mommy! Its Prince Jr. but you and daddy call me P.J."

PRINCE JR.!!!

The boy smiles again and that's when I notice something very odd about his teeth...

"Good morning, my queen," A deep voice rumbles. I shiver. A very shirtless Prince enters the room. His tattooed and muscled chest on display. He looks bigger and healthier than before. My eyes zero in on the bite mark or marks at his neck. He smells of me and sex. Clearly I'm the one who has fed off him but that's not the most interesting fact.

He's carrying a tray with one single glass... of blood. It's a Bloody Mary but with actual blood. I can smell it and so can our son.

Prince Jr. licks his lips. Its disturbing to see a child with a predatory look in his eye. "Can I have some, Papa? Please?"

"No, its for your mother. You know that." P.J. pouts. "Happy Mother's day, baby." I notice the wedding band on his ring finger and yes I also can read the fine print engraved in cursive on the band. It reads: After Forever we will still be one.

"You're my husband?" I'm confused.

Prince gives his signature laugh and smile. "Of course baby. You know I had to lock this down. I always get what I want..." There's a hidden message within that confession I don't yet grasp.

I open my eyes once more to the sight of a camp fire. It's dark. I sniff the air smelling stone and water. I can also sense the elevation. I know I'm high above ground level. In the mountains maybe. The wolf in me wants to run free and hunt. So does the vamp in me. This is gonna be difficult cause my wolf is all nature and the vamp wants to corrupt. I notice my bullet wounds are gone. I'm gonna kill the shit out of Prince.

"I see that you are awake." His deep accented voice reminds me of a time that has long passed. The old world of course.

How wasn't I able to sense him? I poke around in my brain to discover I can turn the sire bond on and off at will. Is that a normal thing? I don't think so. Oh well I'll just go with it. I want to know as much about him as I can.

He stands in the darkness like he's one with it. It's actually a neat trick and if I didn't have night vision because of both my wolf and the vamp which makes it 3x as good- I wouldn't be able to place him in the dark. He leans against the wall of the cave, arms folded. He's not wearing that weird manly skirt- If you could call it that but now is degned in a pair of simple blue jeans even though it doesn't look simple on him. On him, they look expensive and cat-walk worthy.

"I see you're curious about me?"

No shit, Captain Obvious.

"Why are you doing this, Drac?"

He looks up at the night sky. His great dark wings unfurl. "Two thousand years ago I was a Persian king. I met a beautiful African princess. I wanted to marry her but the king her father forbid it. I offered the king all the gold he wanted but still he refused. African kingdoms did not allow outside marriages amongst royalty to avoid foreign princes from having claim to the throne. Princess Kosha and I took a risk. She took me to her bed one night and we conceived a child. When her father learned of the pregnancy, he executed her."

My horrified gasp disrupts the silence that follows his confession.

"I loved her with every single breath in my body. With everything I was; mind, body, and soul." He raises his palm then makes a fist. "I raged war on her father but I had lost. I was killed in battle. I died for my love..." I feel his agony, his despair, his love, and rips me down raw.

"Then I was resurrected and came back something else. I was given power and strength beyond belief. The first thing I did as an immortal was turn my army. I avenged Kosha and our unborn child." He pauses for a moment looking out beyond the mountains. Then once again his all consuming attention falls upon me. He stalks me moving closer. His hands run through my hair and over my face. "You are the splitting image of her. When I first came into contact with you I had took the liberty to trace your genealogy and found Kosha was your ancester. I thought maybe this was my second chance so I seduced you." I don't know rather I should feel some type of way or... "Kosha was young like you and so full of life. And I have fallen in love with you as deeply as fell for her."

I dont know how to react to that so I just stare dumbly at him. He throws his beautiful dark head back and laughs. "Be mine, Sofia, once more."

Choices. So many damn choices. I smirk. I wanted it all. It was me who held all the right cards in hand. I just had to know how to play them correctly."yes, I am yours." His lips brushes mine in a gentle butterfly kiss before becoming deeper and more passionate using all the skill he accumulated over a thousand years. By some miracle I detached myself from the emotions the kiss was suppose to elicit...

A plan forms within my mind.

No one has ever accused me of being stupid.

➡️A/N⬅️

Who are you rooting for for Sofia to choose?

1.Drac
2. Ol' boy Prince [he out here doing the most]
3. The Fairy King AKA Julian
4. Tank

Please leave your answers in the comments🤭