Ep. 8

"Dayum. Granny was a freak. Have you read this shit?!" Its six o'clock on the next morning and Prince is in my kitchen eating donuts and drinking coffee, reading my granny's journal.

"Give me that," I lunge for him snatching the journal. "Have you heard of privacy?"

"Why? The dead don't need it."

My eyes change. Fangz slid out. "Why did you just say about my granny?"

"She was such a sweet old lady. Have I told you you looking fine on this morning?" He gives a big goofy grin.

"That's what I thought," I say then start the Keurig until I see a cup of fresh coffee with oatmeal and sliced fruit. I spun to face Prince. "Did you make this for me?"

Prince gives a look beneath his eyelashes. "Yeah..." he mumbles, writing an invisible pattern on my dining table with his large index finger. "I'm tryna show you my worth."

I smile then walk up kissing his bald head. "Thank you, Prince."

"You're welcome, Fangz."

"Prince?"

"Yeah."

"Are we like- having a moment?"

"Yeah, Fangz. We are." We just stare at one another savoring the moment.

In the next instant, I hear the rapid beating of someone's heart. I could tell it's an adrenaline rush. "Prince," I whisper. "Someone's coming." A look of concentration forms upon his face. He's calm as he pulls two pistols out from under my table. Wait. When did he start hiding weapons in my house?

"In the closet," he commands. Gone is my playful and teasing Prince replaced by something hard and lethal.

"Bruh, Imma vamp."

He cocks the gun back. "I wouldn't give a fuck if you were Chuck Norris. I told you to get in the closet."

"We don't know who's coming-

"Trust me I know."

I sigh. Like a good little soldier I obey.

Five minutes later...

"Fucking Fairy! Stay away from my girl!"

I practically flew out of the closet. I was at the frontdoor in seconds. "What is going on?"

My mouth dropped to the floor as I saw who was on my doorstep with Louis Vuitton luggage, clad in tattooed Gucci boots, fashionable biker leather skinnies, and a Polo black V neck. His silky dark hair was half thrown into a ponytail while the other half hung loosely around his broad muscled shoulders.

"Julian?"

"I heard you needed protection." He ain't talking bout condoms either.

"How am I supposed to compete with that?" Prince was outraged.

"That sounds like a personal problem..." Julian grumbles, handing Prince his luggage and bike helmet. "Come here, babe."

What the hell is going on?

To Be Continued...